Unable to boot Yosemite with HT enabled and more than 16 logical cores

fearandleb

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a long itching problem:

Supermicro X9Dai Dual Socket with two Sandy Bridge-E E5-2670. Yosemite running fine and all is working well including Power Management with patched AICPUPM.Kext (If anyones interested, throw me a line, glad to send my config)

But the Setup works only with HT disabled, eg. 16 Cores. If I enable HT to 32 Logical Cores, I get Kernel Panic @ Boot, backtrace is AICPUPM.kext.

With Mavericks, everything worked fine (had to use the ACPI/PCI Drivers from 10.9.1 though because it got terrible unresponsive if using the newer ones.

So is there a hardlimit in the Darwin 14.X.X Kernel somewhere to not allow more than 16 Cores or is it maybe a ACPI DSDT Problem?

Is there maybe a Kernel patch which could work?

Thanks for help!

Mike

Hi,

what means OSX Limitation for me? Is there a general limit in the darwin kernel for logical cores opposed to the 13.X.X Kernel? There is no difference in booting with or without SSDT.aml, with or without Generate P/C State or not and with or without patching AICPUPM.kext. And I believe the Mac Pro6,1 12 Cores has Hyperthreading enabled which would lead to 24 logical cores.

Rampagedev sent me a patched kernel once, but was 14.0.0 and he could not tell me what kind of patch it was applied to that kernel, as he did the patching not himself, I believe.

Hi,

what means OSX Limitation for me? Is there a general limit in the darwin kernel for logical cores opposed to the 13.X.X Kernel? There is no difference in booting with or without SSDT.aml, with or without Generate P/C State or not and with or without patching AICPUPM.kext. And I believe the Mac Pro6,1 12 Cores has Hyperthreading enabled which would lead to 24 logical cores.

Rampagedev sent me a patched kernel once, but was 14.0.0 and he could not tell me what kind of patch it was applied to that kernel, as he did the patching not himself, I believe.

Yup, that's the case. I saw a post where he said that you cannot boot with HT Enabled when the logical cores reaches 32