Toshiba Satellite C55B 5100

3 posts in this topic

Out of curiosity is it possible that i can run hazard 10.6.6i on the Toshiba Satellite c55b 5100?

I doubt it but i'm just making sure.

Specs:

Intel® Celeron® processor N2840

Features a 1MB cache and up to 2.58GHz processor speed.

4GB DDR3L memory

For multitasking power.

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support

Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media; also supports DVD-RAM.

15.6" TruBrite TFT LED-backlit high-definition widescreen display

With 1366 x 768 resolution showcases movies, games and more in clear, bright detail.

500GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)

Offers plenty of storage capacity.

Mobile Intel® HD graphics

With shared video memory for lush images. HDMI output for versatile connectivity options.

Built-in webcam and microphone

Make it easy to video chat with family and friends in high-definition.

Multiformat media reader

Supports SD, SDHC, SDXC, miniSD, microSD and MMC formats (shared slot; may require adapter for use).

1 USB 3.0 port and 2 USB 2.0 ports

For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.

Built-in wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)

Connect to the Internet wirelessly.

Bluetooth 4.0 interface

Sync with other Bluetooth devices, such as mobile devices and MP3 players.

Built-in 10/100 Ethernet LAN

With RJ-45 connector for quick and easy wired Internet connection.

Weighs 4.85 lbs. and measures just 1.05" thin

For easy portability. Standard keyboard with 10-key pad allows easy typing and data entry.

Textured resin finish

For a sleek, sophisticated appearance.

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit operating system preinstalled

Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more

post-1567925-0-87544800-1437787810_thumb.jpg

These are fairly recent Celeron CPUs; not the top notch in terms of specs but are 64bit and dual core.

http://ark.intel.com/products/82103/Intel-Celeron-Processor-N2840-1M-Cache-up-to-2_58-GHz

In theory/on paper, you might be able to boot OS X on those, but I very much doubt SL would. Try a more recent version like Mavericks or Yosemite.

If it did not boot with the vanilla kernel, try an AMD version. It's probably your best shot in fact. Bronya's AMD kernels are usually pretty good, I use them on my old 2005 dual-core Xeon Paxville all the way from Lion to Yosemite. The CPU may not be supported/recognised by the bootloader you'll use, but that should not prevent OS X from booting and you'd simply see some other CPU reported in "About my Mac".

The other big question will be graphics: I've no idea if OS X can/will support those new generation 'Intel HD graphics"; I'm pretty sure it's not the same as the 1st gen Intel HD graphics of the old Arrandale CPUs.

You'll only know for sure by trying but don't hold too high expectations...

Thx for the answer until i get a job to buy another computer(I'm 16) i'll try it but like you said don't hope for a high expectations.

• Like 1