Gigabyte X99-UD4 i7-5960X and Thunderbolt 2 PCI-card bios settings?

Edkroket

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have a problem with getting Thunderbolt 2 PCI-Card working on this board.

Here is what I have and have done so for.

I build a rig with these combination in Januari this year also with the same mobo but with different GPU en CPU.

At that time a had the i7-5930K 6-core with a GTX 970. It was pretty easy to get that build running using Clover, Kernel-patch an Nvidia drivers.

Al I did was install OSX on a real Mac (10.10.2 at that time) and installed the necessary kext for this 6core with help of Rampagedev's X99.dmg Stinga's way and so on.

Even with Clover I never had the OsxAptiodrv memory error so I was pretty happy with that.

I sold it so I don't have it anymore.

Now I have X99-UD4 with i7-5960X the 8-core with a GTX780 and setting it up with Clover was pretty easy again. But then when I placed the TB-card I get the OsxAptiodrv memory allocation error.

So I struggled for week to get this fixed within Clover as I don't want to use Chameleon. But no matter what I try or do I never got past the errors.

So finally I decided to use chameleon and used the same kexts and patches and got it also easily running. But now I can't get TB working.

In windows it is working fine with my TB-to-ethernet adapter but OSX will not see it or use it.

I have GPU in PCI-slot-1 and have TB in slot-3, I have tried it in slot-2 as well as Gigabyte recommends these two slots.

I have CMS disabled, I have security settings to legacy, no other changes. With these settings windows won't see my TB-ethernet adapter. If I set security to Unique ID it shows my adapter again in windows. But no matter what I try in OSX it is never shown or seen. 

I'm getting these errors in console:

Jun 27 03:55:46 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

Jun 27 03:55:46 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI]: __ZN11IOPCIDevice17setTunnelL1EnableEP9IOServiceb
Jun 27 03:55:46 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI - link failed.
Jun 27 03:55:46 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI.
Jun 27 03:55:46 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI failed to load (0xdc008016).
Jun 27 03:55:46 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI (error 0xdc008016).
Jun 27 03:55:46 localhost com.apple.kextd[45]: Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/AppleThunderboltNHI.kext - (libkern/kext) link error.
Jun 27 03:55:46 localhost com.apple.kextd[45]: Load com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI failed; removing personalities from kernel.
Jun 27 18:01:02 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
Jun 27 18:01:02 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI]: __ZN11IOPCIDevice17setTunnelL1EnableEP9IOServiceb
Jun 27 18:01:02 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI - link failed.
Jun 27 18:01:02 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI.
Jun 27 18:01:02 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI failed to load (0xdc008016).
Jun 27 18:01:02 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI (error 0xdc008016).
Jun 27 18:01:02 localhost com.apple.kextd[45]: Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/AppleThunderboltNHI.kext - (libkern/kext) link error.
Jun 27 18:01:02 localhost com.apple.kextd[45]: Load com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltNHI failed; removing personalities from kernel.

So it looks like a software issue but I just don't know how to solve this.
My question is:
Does anyone have a working TB card on this board with the same CPU?
If so could you share bios setting and maybe used kext sambas and so on?

I running F10 or F11 or F12 or F13b it does not matter.
MP 5.1, iMac 14.2 or MP 3.1 does not make any different.

So please If anyone can point me in the right direction? It would make me very happy!

• 4 months later...

x99-ud4 5960x with gc-thunderbolt 2 add-on card and nothing work

when thunder bolt enable on bios

the os x stuck at boot up with "no entry" symbol.

when thunderbolt disable os x run and boot up just fine

i think the problem connecting to:

OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): can not allocate relocation block

please someone help us

You need to use legacy kexts from 10.9.5 to haver TB working.

I posted is somewhere here. 

Also remove AppleThunderboltNHI.kext and rebuild kernel cache so the boot time speeds up.

Here is the solution: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301585-haswell-e-mach-kernel-patch-5960x-5830k-and-5820k-1010-10101-yosemite/?p=2165008

• 1 year later...

Edkroket you mange to run this setup on Sierra 10.12.6 ?

I've x99-ud4 (the latest bios F23 version) with 5960x cpu i7

I've menage to install Sierra 10.12.6 with geforce GTX 960 all good and work
But the ThunderBolt (i add gc-thunderbolt add-on card) not work on system is say: Driver Not Loaded
My system Identifier: MacPro6,1 (I try iMac18,2 too)
On bios Thunderbolt is at :Unique-ID (i try 'Legacy' as well too)

The system boot up but not recognizing Thunderbolt (UAD Apollo Sound Card)

Edkroket you mange to run this setup on Sierra 10.12.6 ?

I've x99-ud4 (the latest bios F23 version) with 5960x cpu i7

I've menage to install Sierra 10.12.6 with geforce GTX 960 all good and work

But the ThunderBolt (i add gc-thunderbolt add-on card) not work on system is say: Driver Not Loaded

My system Identifier: MacPro6,1 (I try iMac18,2 too)

On bios Thunderbolt is at :Unique-ID (i try 'Legacy' as well too)

The system boot up but not recognizing Thunderbolt (UAD Apollo Sound Card)

Yes I have it running but I used a custom BIOS F 23C.

I will upload it when I'm at home next week. Don't have it with me here.

TB will work as I have it running on more than one system of X99-UD4 as well on X99-UD5-WIFI.

If it takes too long remind me again for the BIOS as well as for the BIOS settings.

Yes I have it running but I used a custom BIOS F 23C.

I will upload it when I'm at home next week. Don't have it with me here.

TB will work as I have it running on more than one system of X99-UD4 as well on X99-UD5-WIFI.

If it takes too long remind me again for the BIOS as well as for the BIOS settings.

Okey i will wait