Yosemite 10.10.3 on ASUS X555L does not shut down correctly

vandebergz

55 posts in this topic

If they are being called and not working, I can think of a couple of causes:

- SystemMemory addresses in in patched files not correlated with real addresses in native. Fix: make sure your patched files are based on recent extract with current BIOS version, options, hardware config.

- Something else, such as methods are checking host operating system version. Make sure you have patched DSDT/etc as described in the guide. From my quick look at your DSDT (in patchmatic output), it does not appear you followed the guide.... For example there is no case for _OSI("Darwin").

Also, further debugging into the code path may be needed.

You could also try calling _PS3 instead of _OFF (as mentioned in post #1).

http://www.tony*macx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/163772-guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-dual-gpu-laptops-4.html#post1046278

Seeing that, I decided to do it all from scratch, fresh files from ACPI/origin. Following all the EXACT same thing in the #1 post there, I managed to get rid of NVIDIA.

Thank you very much for your assistance RehabMan

Seeing that, I decided to do it all from scratch, fresh files from ACPI/origin. Following all the EXACT same thing in the #1 post there, I managed to get rid of NVIDIA.

Thank you very much for your assistance RehabMan

Cool...

• Like 1

That. However, it's still experiencing shutdown problem...

Google 'Laptop won't sleep shutdown after a few hours of uptime'

You'll find a thread by 'vbo'. Determined to be problem with Intel MEI firmware. You can update firmware in the MEI manually or perhaps there is a BIOS update from your OEM that will do it.

• Like 2