Mac Mavericks installed on AMD FX PC but system always reboots during first boot

Genty

6 posts in this topic

I dont have any previous experience of Macintosh or hackintosh and after days of trying I finally installed Mavericks on a seperate HDD but after installation it asked to reboot which I did. Then boot screen appeared and I used GraphicsEnabler=No -x bootflag to boot for the first time but it always just restarts. Have not managed to proceed further.

My specs (nothing overclocked):

cpu : AMD FX 8150

gpu: Radeon HD 7850

mother board: Asus M5A99X EVO

Mac Distro: Niresh

For your reading up on the subject.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/

BTW the only way most will be able to help you is if you do a real install not a distro like the Niresh that is not supported on this forum. If you have no mac access to create one then a search on here should get the method to create an installer from Apple in a Windows environment.

I dont have any previous experience of Macintosh or hackintosh and after days of trying I finally installed Mavericks on a seperate HDD but after installation it asked to reboot which I did. Then boot screen appeared and I used GraphicsEnabler=No -x bootflag to boot for the first time but it always just restarts. Have not managed to proceed further.

My specs (nothing overclocked):

cpu : AMD FX 8150

gpu: Radeon HD 7850

mother board: Asus M5A99X EVO

Mac Distro: Niresh

You need to copy the AMD Kernel to your installed partition.

• Like 1

You need to copy the AMD Kernel to your installed partition.

How do I do that? And is that mach_kernal file same as amd kernel?

As the Mac partition is not visible to my windows how can I copy anything there?

How do I do that? And is that mach_kernal file same as amd kernel?

As the Mac partition is not visible to my windows how can I copy anything there?

This will most likely be the easiest for a beginner, not my recommended but easiest.

If you have Windows

———————————————————

1. Download TransMac

2. Open TransMac and enable writing.

2. Replace mach_kernel with an AMD kernel (but rename the kernel as mach_kernel)

If you don’t have Windows

—————————————————————————

1. Boot back to your bootable drive - Since you said you have a bootable and were able to install you should have a AMD kernel already on the drive.

2. From the Installer go to Utilities —> Terminal.

3. Type “cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/“[your partition name]”/mach_kernel - NOTE: If there is a space in your partition name EG: Mac OS please write it as “Mac OS”

4. If it doesn’t work then the bootable drive kernel may not be named mach_kernel

This will most likely be the easiest for a beginner, not my recommended but easiest.

If you have Windows

———————————————————

1. Download TransMac

2. Open TransMac and enable writing.

2. Replace mach_kernel with an AMD kernel (but remand the kernel as mach_kernel)

If you don’t have Windows

—————————————————————————

1. Boot back to your bootable drive - Since you said you have a bootable and were able to install you should have a AMD kernel already on the drive.

2. From the Installer go to Utilities —> Terminal.

3. Type “cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/“[your partition name]”/mach_kernel - NOTE: If there is a space in your partition name EG: Mac OS please write it as “Mac OS”

4. If it doesn’t work then the bootable drive kernel may not be named mach_kernel

Got it, thanks. I replaced the mach_kernal by transmac and successfully booted into Mavericks with -x GraphicsEnabler=No and completed the installation but still can not boot without these bootflags and in Mavericks, Graphics card is not enabled and in system report it says 'no kext loaded' in GPU section. And sound is also not working. Internet v.i.a. LAN and USB 3.0 are both working though. I think its time to install Graphics kext/drivers. Where should I start?