About This Mac

AnotherDesign

4 posts in this topic

Hi, Having updated a MacPro 1.1 rurning Snow Leopard to Yosemite, the 3GHz processors I installed last year are now showing as 2 x 3Ghz unknown. I have downloaded 'About this Mac' and installed it, but I cannot find where it has installed so that I can't use it.  Where does it install?

If I have posted this on the wrong forum....or I have strayed off course....sorry.......and thanks for the help.

You shouldn't have to modify "About this Mac" to get it to show correct CPU information. Plus, that won't fix other places where CPU info is shown.

What you need to know in order to fix this depends on your installation method.

Please describe what modifications you have made, I suppose you're using a Hackintosh boot loader?

Hi, thanks for trying to advise. I always seem to be right on the edge of my understanding and so my initial post was not as good as it could have been.

However,I have sorted the problem by using the application 'Kext Utility" and dropping onto the window of this, 'CPU Injector Kext'

About this Mac now shows the correct information concerning the processors.

The small application ' About This Mac" to which I referred in my first post, I think could only be used on Snow Leopard and not Yosemite.

Thanks for your help.