REALLY NEED HELP PLEASE. H97M-HD3

Jimmiegin

11 posts in this topic

Hi all, I royally messed up my hardware ordering at 3am one morning. I ordered a carbide Mini ATX case and an ATX board..... TW@!

Then I updated my profile a bit early since I was going for the exact same hardware and a cloned SSD... Until my hardware arrived and I found the Mobo didn't fit! So I ordered a H97M-UD3 to replace my Z87-HD3 so it would fit. Now I cant get the thing to boot from the cloned drive or install from USB. Either I get a black screen, CPU unknown (or something to that effect), or kernel panic or bootloop. That's from  And there was i thinking it would all be so simple. My config is the second in my signature, please have a look. I tried -v -f -F -x GE=n/y IGP=n/y npci=0x2000 npci=0x3000 in various combos.

if anyone could tell me why I am getting a black screen please?

Ok so I got a little further. I disabled the intergrated graphics and VT-x and made sure all other BIOS settings ok. I found an old Mavericks installer I never erased from a HDD and got it to install and boot after installation. I have now creating another Yosemite installer from booting into Mavericks. I managed to get as far as USB transport controller etc, then it hangs. I guess after a time it would tell me 'still waiting for root' but I kept turning off and trying different ports. Well I have exhausted all USB ports now so I wonder is there a way to fix still waiting, for the installer USB?

And thanks for your replies guys!

Was too busy flapping and not thinking

Please use my install guide found here:

http://www.rampagedev.com/?page_id=144

You will need to use the Clover Config and the SSDT for your board found on the Haswell DMG to boot with onboard most likely:

http://www.rampagedev.com/?page_id=50

DMG will be used for post install as well. 

• Like 1

Thanks, I will try your guide now. In answer to the question of method I simply created the installer by mounting base system dmg and copying packages over and creating a kernels folder s/l/k, used chimera as bootloader, then installed fake smc with kext wizard and installed. I got it to install but no boot after. I had success with 10.9 Niresh distro but really would like to be running Yosemite. I'm going over to RampageDev to try this method now. Thanks for the help, I will update with any progress

Excellent!! Thank you!! i didn't read properly at first, i couldn't get it to work so i did the whole clover install over again and got everything working!!! This guide is EXCELLENT!!

EXCELLENT SITE AND EXCELLENT WORK!!!!!!!! Respect to you and all those in collaboration. Thank you for making this easily possible for us  :yes:  :D

• Like 1