system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist not found!

38 posts in this topic

I am having this problem -AFTER- the software is installed! I am reformatting right now...this is frustrating. I had it working (no idea how) and after a reformat I am getting the error that my com.apple.Boot.plist file is missing...arg.

joneSi

• 8 months later...

I am having problems installing OSX on VPC 07. Says "An unrecoverable processor error has occurred. VPC will now reset." The apple logo comes up before that, but has "Double panic" Error over logo. I am running Vista Ultimate x86 with Intel Pentium D 3.8GHZ Seagate 250GB w/ Seagate 7GB backup recovery and Seagate 150GB ext HD. I was previously able to run Linux UBUNTU on VPC but can't run anything now. I have Transmac.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i am facing same prblm as above friends did on loading mac 10.4.7 jasc intel patched o get this error "System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist not found" i don't know how to resolve this.

I tired to installed mac on D: (xp on C:)through arconis boot manager in that mac load sucessfully but after few steps of installing it freeze at a point so this means there is no prblm with dvd.

Freinds tell mw how to resolve this prblm ????????????

• 2 weeks later...

Possible solution :com.apple.Boot.plist NOT FOUND

I have a hpdv9205us, and after lot of suffering with that error:

>> "com.apple.Boot.plist NOT FOUND"

So I put the password on the of setup BiOS, so it must be typed when start-up, and latter I start normally without that error above.

Another option that I test was, type >>PAUSE/BREAK<< soon after turne on, and before the boot startup (I pressed the pause on the screen of the BIOS, approximately 10 secounds, and than I typed ENTER (ofcouse)

Easy right?

Goog lucky, I hope to help everyone, especially to users of HP DV-XXXX

PS: If this work as well in others BIOS, please post here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been having this problem and decided to see it this is platform specific. I have used both the JaS 10.4 8 and Kalway 10.5.1 .iso(s) and burned the .iso(s)with differnet programs (AnyDVD, ImgBurn and Roxio as suggesgted in earlier posts and at super slow speeds and on differrent DVD burners)) and the end results are the same :( . What is interesting is that these burned DVDs will install on 2 laptops that I have (Toshiba and IBM ThinkPad) without any problems. Wireless will not work on my Toshiba but that is a small problem; wired works just fine.

I then tried both of my desktops (Dell XPS Gen4 and ASUS P-5B Vista edition) and i get this rotten error :) . Then I thought that the main differences between my laptops and desktops is that the dekstops are configured as RAID0. So I broke the RAID configruation and tried the installs. What a surprise !!! :D Both of the DVDs loaded just fine without this error on boot up. And once i got the installation completed everything worked just fine.

So my only conclusion is that these .iso(s) will not support Intel's RAID software on the Dell XPS Gen4 and ASUS P-5B motherboards.

If anyone has some suggestions as to how to work around this problem, drop us a note.

Many thanks,

• 2 years later...

well i got the same error system config file'/com.apple.boot.plist not found.

All I did was right click the ISO image and in properties it said that it was blocked for use in the local computer and there was a option to unlock for use in local syatem. So i did that and now my installation is fine on vmware. :censored2: ;)

some of you may have the same issue and some may have other issues......Also in vmware set the OS to windows NT.

• 3 months later...