MIC not working for Phone calls made on Yosemite , logitech c525

Retsckor

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys 

i have a c525 logitech camera. i have a problem answering phone calls from my hack.. for some reason the mic is placed on mute when calling or answering regular phone calls (using handoff feature of yosemite).. FaceTime calls work though... is there a way to fix this?

- Hope you guys can help

@OP, i have the same problem here. You're not the only one.

Webcam (audio/video) works for FaceTime calls and FaceTime audio calls. but there is no audio when using the handoff calls (calling & receiving) from Yosemite.  

There is a workaround, I plugged in a really crappy analog microphone into the line-in port of the motherboard and use that mic instead.  That seems to be working without any issues.

Found a solution.. 

sudo killall coreaudiod works!...but after a reboot, i have to run the killall command again to make it work with handoff phone calls... 

solution.. delete the 2 preference files in /Library/Preferences/Audio/.. and then re-ran sudo killall coreaudiod, restarted and things are great now!

• Like 1

Found a solution.. 

sudo killall coreaudiod works!...but after a reboot, i have to run the killall command again to make it work with handoff phone calls... 

solution.. delete the 2 preference files in /Library/Preferences/Audio/.. and then re-ran sudo killall coreaudiod, restarted and things are great now!

Let me try this solution on a Logitech webcam.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...