Games are freezing on GT 240

s7z

3 posts in this topic

Hi. I have this very weird issue with most of the games on my hackintosh(maybe the most graphic intensive ones). There is only black screen and i can hear the music but there is no picture. When i cmd+tab the menu and animations appear and i can move the cursor for a second but then it freezes again and i can't do anything. I fixed this in Quake 4 running it on window mode but it does not work on the others. Is this related to my nvidia card? The only kext i've installed was NVenabler and i have voodooHDA for sound. Here are my specs:

945G-M3

P4 3.2Ghz

2GB Ram

GT 240

im running snow leopard 10.6.8.

Don't get me wrong but this is really slow machine even for Snow Leopard. 

Graphic card should be good for any pre 2009 games but you will need min core 2 duo cpu and 4GB ram me thinks. 

I wouldn't invest money in old tech tho, better buy new Haswell based machine.

I too like old computers and your hack will do most tasks no problem but it isn't gaming PC.

Yeah i get your point entirely. OS X is more resource hungry than windows and it's gaming perfomance is kinda bad as far i know. But i also don't understand how something wich i pass the minimum sys req especially for the vram cannot run propertly. It seems things aren't that "windows like" as i thought. Even Bastion that requires 256 video ram is the one with that issue and i've got 512.

Anyway i will consider an upgrade soon. If this is the only reason tho. Thanks for your answer.