Another "Still waiting for root device" thread

Morpheus NS

6 posts in this topic

Hello, guys, I know this was mentioned too many times before, but the whole day of searching did not help.

I had successful myHack installation of Mavericks on this machine (see the signature) and last night I decided to try upgrading it from 10.9.4 to 10.9.5... which lead to 24 hours of suffering. I f**ked up my working installation, no way to get into it. Which ever kernel I try I cannot get into the system.

But that's not the problem, I can always reinstall. At least I thought so...

I am trying to make another installation using Niresh 10.9 USB using exactly the same flags as before... (amdfx -v USBBusFix=Yes ahcidisk=1 debug=8) It's not working, I cannot reach the installation.

I can only reach to the point where it mentions Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport followed by Still waiting for root device.

I tried everything I could think of:

- Moving USB to another port, to all of them actually

- Moving wireless keyboard and mouse to different port

- cpus=1, USBBusFix=Yes, IGPEnabler=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes, ahcidisk=1/debug=8 - everything I found on the internet, I spent all day with this

- Motherboard is correctly configured, exactly as it was with the successful installation before

What else should/could I try? At the moment I can only make use of solutions I can try from Windows...

USBLegacyOff=Yes! That's the one I was looking for.

I still don't know what triggered USB problems, but at least I can reinstall Mavericks. Now I am installing Niresh, tomorrow I will make myHack USB with 10.9.4...

I misunderstood USBLegacyOff command earlier, if you want your system not to turn off your usb port prior to installation you have to set it to Yes.

My flags for Niresh installation are now "amdfx -v USBLegacyOff=Yes".

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

first of all learn to install OS X without application of distros!!!

If the problem occurs "---- Still waiting for root device"

then note the correct BIOS settings
AHCI Enabled
put the HFS+ HDD or USB flash on first boot sequence ...

....Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport ....

before you remove any graphics drivers ...

boats with.   -x -f npci=0x2000 usekernelcache=no etc......
or boats with -s
and give the following:

fsck -fy (press enter and wait ... run this process until the partition is confirmed with OK )

after that:

mount -uw / (press enter and wait ...)

in conclusion
exit (press enter ... then should boot the system ...)

otherwise remove Graphics drivers .... ... which was often described

• 2 months later...

USBLegacyOff=Yes! That's the one I was looking for.

I still don't know what triggered USB problems, but at least I can reinstall Mavericks. Now I am installing Niresh, tomorrow I will make myHack USB with 10.9.4...

I misunderstood USBLegacyOff command earlier, if you want your system not to turn off your usb port prior to installation you have to set it to Yes.

My flags for Niresh installation are now "amdfx -v USBLegacyOff=Yes".

Mate your the best! {censored} BIG THANKS I LOVE YOU !!!! no homo