No replies to this topic

Fox.Jedah

Fox.Jedah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi everyone!

First, please forgive my English, is not my native language, so, Grammar Nazis are welcome to make an appearance here.

Now to the main thing.

A friend needs OSX for work, but he doesn´t has the budget to buy even the cheapest apple product, so I took his Packard Bell and started with this little project.

Notebook specifications:

CPU: Intel I5-450M 

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Video: Intel GMA HD <-Not sure about this...I know is a decent HD video card, but not sure about the model. Please let me know if it is vital info and I will ask the owner and update this.

HDD: 320GB.

+ usual Notebook stuff like webcam, bluetooth, atheros chipset on the wifi hardware, realtek sound, etc.

It´s a pretty nice PC, I guess it should be enough to run mountain lion...maybe I´m wrong.

I tried with iDeneb 1.3 and didn´t work. stuck at instalation,

Then i tried iAtkos L2 and managed to install, but got stuck in a nice apple loading screen.

Before I jumped from my balcony, i saw this strange post in a obscure blog about the Niresh 12495 hackintosh. So I give it a try.

Installed witouth troubles, but stuck in the apple logo again. I tried a -v boot and manage to see where it got stuck (couldn´t do that on iatkos or ideneb by the way). Captures at the end of this post.

Lastly, I tried a -v -s -x boot. I got a console, so when i tried to input a help command, i realized the keyboard wasn´t working. It works in the boot screen, but when the console boots i guess is waiting for a bluetooth or a ps/2 keyboard, it doesn´t recognize nor the Notebook keyboard or a usb keyboard.

So, should I give up? any advice will be welcomed warmly. Please don´t be shy and let me know if I can do anything else to help understand the issue.

Kindest Regards from Chile.

Screenshots (made with a cellphone cam)

HauNWX.jpg
NLYO65.jpg
yIE5IU.jpg
DX6Mot.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, Hackintosh, Noob, Packard Bell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy