Need help creating Mavericks install disk - Windows only?

2 posts in this topic

I only own Windows based machines at the moment.  I am here because I would like to turn one of my older machines into a working Macintosh computer.  The PC is an HP Compaq DC7900 with latest bios, core 2 duo E8400+ running at 3.0ghz.  Graphics card is an Nvidia 8400GS.  Basically, I have downloaded close to 40 or so different iso image files, burned and tried booting from them.  Using this method, I have so far been unsuccessful even making it to the install screen for Mac OS.  I have come dang close with some, and have gotten to the point where I can access disk utility, but it always complains that there is a problem with my disk and I may need to clean it, and MAC install cannot go further.  Of course, because I am burning these to DVD, I am unable to burn anything larger than like 4.6 gb, which means Lion is so far as high as I have been able to attempt. 

So, I am looking to see if anyone can assist with helping me create a Mavericks installation drive, on a usb drive, with only a Windows computer to work with.  I tried the DD method, and that seemed to complete, but no matter what I try, the disk is not bootable.  I am hoping for some more concrete instructions.  So far, what I have tried is what I have found on the web, and none of it is working.  I got farther with an old AMD machine, than I have with this Intel, which is odd, considering the entire reason I bought it is because it was cheap, and I came across numerous success stories. 

Any help Appreciated!!