Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:00 AM
My Dell Laptop is mostly running with 10.9.2.
My main problem is that I can't get the internal wifi Atheros AR9565 802.11 to work or the internal LAN which is a Realtek RTL 8139/810x fast Ethernet adapter to work.
Does anyone have a kext that would work? I have tried updating the IO80211Family.kext to include my device as well as some DSDT edits.
DPCi Manager reports:
168C, 0036, 1028, 020C, Qualcomm Atheros, QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter
10EC, 8136, 1028, 05EC, Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd., RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
My system uses the Haswell i7-4500 ULT cpu and has HD4400 GPU. That all is working fine.
I had to use the hack on the mach_kernel to get past the initial panic error but since then I have made slow but sure progress getting things going. Editing the DSDT is not my forte and a lot has changed since my first hack several years ago.
My question is which path should bear fruit? I can try to hack kexts that are close or try find DSDT patches that will get it going. I have no idea what is best to do.
Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:36 AM
I see a few folks have looked at my problem but no help. I have made a little progress on my own but still no go.
On the Athernos wifi, I was able to modify the Atheros40.kext but the IONetworkFamily is looking for a plugin to match. Any suggestions as to where to look or try to find a plugin?
On the Realtek 8139 I am close but no cigar. I used IONetfamily and added a AppleRTL8139.kext to the plugin folder. I left the info.list unmodified to my device address so it doesn't load. Next installed the PCGenRTL8139.kext in my s/l/e folder and bingo! I have an ethernet card. It sees all the pertinent info like mac address and so on. So what is the problem?
It says my cable is unplugged. I have tried manual settings but no luck. My cable is not unplugged as it works fine when I reboot in windows 8.1.
My sense is that the PCGen kext is just too far out of date.
Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:08 AM
Okay, I am getting really close. I am using Laura Millers latest Realtek RTL8111.kext
I can now see the cable plugging in and out. says ethernet is connected but
can't auto sense my internet connection. Putting the values in manually doesn't get me there.
2014-03-25 23:47:49 -0700 kernel: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: EEE support enabled.
2014-03-25 23:47:49 -0700 kernel: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: TCP/IPv4 segmentation offload enabled.
2014-03-25 23:47:49 -0700 WindowServer: Server is starting up
2014-03-25 23:47:49 -0700 kernel: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: TCP/IPv6 checksum offload enabled.
2014-03-25 23:47:49 -0700 kernel: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Using interrupt mitigate value 0xcf68.
2014-03-25 23:47:49 -0700 kernel: unknown chip version (44800000)
my system info shows:
Realtek RTL8168B/8111B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet:
Type: Ethernet Controller
Vendor ID: 0x10ec
Device ID: 0x8136
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1028
Subsystem ID: 0x05ec
Revision ID: 0x0007
Link Width: x1
BSD name: en0
Kext name: RealtekRTL8111.kext
Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:02 PM
I am on with the help of the Hackintosh Vietnam tool.
it was the rtl8100 kext that solved the problem.
for wifi I am using a usb pivot that works fine so I will close this thread.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users