3 replies to this topic

slemblod

slemblod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Hello!

I am making an automation script for installing Clover onto a drive's EFI partition.

For editing the stock config.plist i use PlistBuddy (located in /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy), and the following command causes issues:

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:0:Find data ixnUEQ==" $config

I tried replacing

ixnUEQ==

with other bases, e.g. 

8b19d411

or

10001011 00011001 11010100 00010001

but none yields the desired result, which is:

<data>
ixnEUQ==
</data>

Do you have any suggestion as to what I could do instead?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

EDIT: Solved it. See post 3.

slemblod

slemblod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Bump? i tried messing around with the "defaults" command, but it seems that it can only modify keys at the "root" of the .plist.

Should it be possible to do with perl/grep/sed?

Thank you!

slemblod

slemblod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

It is not pretty, but it works. I solved it by combining these commands (the gibberish data is the faulty data that ended up in the $config file):

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:0:Find data ixnUEQ==" $config
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:0:Replace data kgjsEA==" $config

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:1:Find data QVBQTEUgU1NE" $config
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:1:Replace data AAAAAAAAAAAA" $config

perl -pi -e 's/aXhuVUVRPT0=/ixnUEQ==/g' $config
perl -pi -e 's/a2dqc0VBPT0=/kgjsEA==/g' $config

perl -pi -e 's/UVZCUVRFVWdVMU5F/QVBQTEUgU1NE/g' $config
perl -pi -e 's/QUFBQUFBQUFBQUFB/AAAAAAAAAAAA/g' $config

el coniglio

el coniglio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Save the binary data to a file and use the Import command. 

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c \"Import :IOKitPersonalities:HDA\ Hardware\ Config\ Resource:HDAConfigDefault:0:AFGLowPowerState tmp.bin\" plist"

where tmp.bin is the binary file.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clover, PlistBuddy, Terminal, KernelAndKextPatches, KextsToPatch, ixnEUQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy