• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Lordadmiral Drake

Lordadmiral Drake

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

I downloaded a patched AppleHDA.kext for my sound codec. But it won't load. When I try to load it manually with kextutil I get the error: Code signing failure: Code signature is invalid 

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Did you try to boot without caches after you installed your kext and repaired permissions ?

Lordadmiral Drake

Lordadmiral Drake

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

No. I installed the kext using Kext Wizard and then did "Rebuild System Kext Cache" I didn't do repair permissions because AFAIK kext Wizard does that during kext installation

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Ok, but what i mean is that for some reason, some configurations (like mine) won't load AppleHDA when using Cache at boot.  You may try with nocaches in clover or -f in chameleon to see if it still doesn't load.  If so, you may double check your AppleHDA patch.

Allaп

Allaп

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,759 posts

try this: 

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

after this, shut down, don't restart, and wait 10 sec, and start.

looks funny, but it worked for me.

Thanks Mirone by that.

Lordadmiral Drake

Lordadmiral Drake

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Booting ignoring caches did the trick for me. But is there a way to get the kext to load even if I don't do that?

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Booting ignoring caches did the trick for me. But is there a way to get the kext to load even if I don't do that?

Let me know if you find out how to load AppleHDA using Caches.  Tried deleting caches and rebuilding with: KextWizard/Kext Utility/Pandora/Manually from terminal/ but nothing worked for me, everything loads except audio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy