• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

pippox0

pippox0

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
iMessage need to be fixed because doesn't works in VM at the moment.

luckman212

luckman212

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Well I doubt they will "fix" iMessage -- more likely the fix will have to come from the VM-side no?

Does iMessage work in VMware Fusion or Parallels on Mac hardware?

pippox0

pippox0

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
On the net i read that on VMWare iMessage can run applying a fix to VM...

I'm looking for a workaround for Virtualbox...

sundaydress

sundaydress

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
@pippox0  thank you.
I haved install  OS X 10.9.1(13B42) on VirtualBox 4.3.4(Debian Jessie x86_64)

1st boot using  HackBoot_Mav.iso and "-v -x" option  to install OSX
2nd boot using HackBoot_Mav.iso and "-v -x" option  to setup user account and others settings, install Chameleon , FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext,
    DELETE IOBluethoothFamily.kext IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext and AppleBluetoothMultitouch.kext

my steps and snapshot:

On the net i read that on VMWare iMessage can run applying a fix to VM...

I'm looking for a workaround for Virtualbox...

iMessage works my "VirtualBox OSX" using  FileNVRAM.dylib patch.

Maybe you should activate AppleID on a real iDevice

iMessage-conversation.png

sundaydress

sundaydress

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

I'm getting stuck after booting from the "hackboot_mav.iso" image; I can switch to the OS X .iso I've created ok, press <f5>, and the kernel boots ok; but seems to get stuck at about the stage it tries to mount the root disk.

See screenshot (output when using "-x" kernel flag):

attachicon.gifScreenShot.png

Yes, I've noticed the error around "FakeSMC" about half-way down the screen shot, I know I've put fakesmc.kext into /System/Library/Extensions; not sure why that message appears (I've also copied the whole Install109 extracted .zip file into the root of the image, so "/Install109/Kexts/FakeSMC.kext" exists; but not sure if that is confusing the issue or not!)

VirtualBox v4.3.4; real computer is a Dell Latitude E6540 (i7 core) running Windows 7 x64.  Any suggestions?

(Note, as I also have a macbook, I've tried booting the same images in Parallels, and it does progress to the installer, so I'm hopeful I haven't done anything too stupid with my image creation, and that I just need some kernel command-line magic...)

Any suggestions welcome!

your VirtualBox HardDisk Image(Mavericks.vid) should be empty(no partiion, no file system)

boot option '-v -x' or '-v -x -F' or '-v -x -f'  :P

Hello, i've certainly a stupid question, because i try to do this tutorial

but i'm blocking at the step

Using Disk utility restore Basesystem.dmg to OSXMavericks.dmg

where i could find the Basesystem.dmg please ? i ve download the Mavericks from Appstore and i found a InstallESD.dmg in the content but not this

thanks

Basesystem.dmg is Hiddend file

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles Yes && killall Finder

pippox0

pippox0

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

@sundaydress
Thanks you for sharing that:
"iMessage works my "VirtualBox OSX" with FileNVRAM.dylib patch"
I will try it by downloading and putting it in /Extra/modules

See ya

PippoX0

atlantisman87bis

atlantisman87bis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Hi again

i've create a new VM MAvericks from scratch, using the ##### and a usb key. i've used after installation ##### and the VM is running in 1600*900 very weel, except

- no network : i've use same parameters than my Snow Leopard and my Mountain Lion VM, NAT, but no material is detected Under Maverick : how could fix it please ?

- no sound, even i ve use your AppleHDA.kext

thanks

pippox0

pippox0

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
Hi,
For Network select in Vm option :
Type: Intel PRO/1000 MT Server (82545EM)
It's works Oob
In org.chameleon.boot.plist
Insert
EthernetBuiltIn= Yes

For audio put AppleHDA.kext. In S/L/E.

See ya

atlantisman87bis

atlantisman87bis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Hi pippox0, network work fine now, but about the AppleHDA.kext, i've had a lot of message after the copy about this kext (not usable). i ll try to reboot, hopping to solve the problem

i ll do a snapshot too, becauase app store propose me the update 10.9.1

thanks

firepigmac

firepigmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

hi,

about this " SMBios.plist ", which one should I choose ?

my system:
MB  - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
CPU - QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400
Video - ASUS HD7770
Memory - 4Gb

OS - XP Pro x64

thanks

pippox0

pippox0

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

hi, about this " SMBios.plist ", which one should I choose ? my system: MB - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R -CPU - QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 - Video - ASUS HD7770 - Memory - 4Gb  - OS - XP Pro x64.  thanks

Hi,

Your question doesn't make much sense!

We are talking about virtualized Hardware, so you can use iMac or MacPro. smbios.plist

Host computer Hardware is hidden to VM.

See ya

atlantisman87bis

atlantisman87bis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

hi, so no everything work fine, except sound (the AppleHDA.kext coming from pippox0 didn't work) and of course the video card

i've clone my vdi into vmdk to use it in VMware Workstation 10. i've boot normally but i've a big problem:the mouse and the keybord didn't work !!! how could fix it please ? i ll try after to install VMware Tools to test if video is more accelerated Under VmWare

thanks a lot

firepigmac

firepigmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

i have the following system info, What went wrong ? 

also system stop at black & white screen with "System uptime in nanoseconds: xxxxxxx" when click on shutdown or restart.

note: using your AppleHDA.kext sound is working.
         i'm using OSX 10.9.1

thanks

=====================================================================
Hardware Overview:

Model Name:                   Mac
  Model Identifier:              EP45-UD3R
  Processor Speed:           2.67 GHz
  Number of Processors:   1
  Total Number of Cores:   1
  Memory:                          2 GB
  Boot ROM Version:         VirtualBox
  SMC Version (system):    2.3f35
  Serial Number (system):  0
  Hardware UUID:               00000000-0000-1000-8000-0800275F196C

Display:

Type:                    GPU
  Bus:                      PCI
  VRAM (Total):       3 MB
  Device ID:             0xbeef
  Revision ID:          0x0000
  Kernel Extension Info:  No Kext Loaded

Displays:
    Display:
      Resolution:    1024 x 768
      Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
      Main Display:    Yes
      Mirror:        Off
      Online:        Yes

Vendor ID:    0x80ee

schellingli

schellingli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Need help or suggestions here.

I followed steps to install the Mavericks successfully in the VBox 3.4.3. Great guide!

Today, I changed to a new PC (much more powerful than my old one), after installed the latest version of VBox 3.4.6, copied the vdi I created to the new computer, strange thing happened, the system cannot boot. The VM simply hanging after message "hfs: mount xxxxx on device root-device" ! In my old computer, after this message, system should boot to the GUI quickly.

I have tried every settings I know, but still no luck.

Does any one know where is wrong? Thanks in advance.

Btw, the new computer is running Win8.1, but I don't think this will affect the virtual guest OS or am I wrong?

schellingli

schellingli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

now, I am sure it is the problem of Win8.1 and Virtualbox.

I tried to boot the same vdi in another Win7 machine, and it works very well.

firepigmac

firepigmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
check your new pc bios "VT-x" setting. try export vdi from old pc then import it to new pc.

schellingli

schellingli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

check your new pc bios "VT-x" setting. try export vdi from old pc then import it to new pc.

Thanks, already checked. The Vt-X is on.

I also tried to install the older version as I used in my old PC, and copy all the confirguration to the new PC, the VB added the VM successfully but always stop working like I mentioned before.

On the other hand, use Win7 without problem.

Although it is hard to belive, but I now think it is a problem only happened under Win8.1. I don't know why, may be the VB doesn't support Win8.1 as well as it claimed.

Anyway, I will try VM Player next. To see if it works or not.

Mavericks

Mavericks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

"Using Disk utility create a Disc Image OSXMavericks.dmg of 6Gb.

Using Disk utility restore Basesystem.dmg to OSXMavericks.dmg"

Can you put this in a way so that someone who has barely used MAC OS X can understand it? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Never mind, googled it.

Jumping Junipers

Jumping Junipers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Error:

hfs: mounted OS X Base System on device root_device

hfs: summary table not allowed on FS with block size of 2048

hfs: could not initialize summary table for OS X Base System

I've installed Linux onto ancient hardware. I've gotten versions of Mac OS X running on MACS that weren't supposed to be able to take the version. Mavericks OS X 10.9.1 is running flawlessly on my Hackintosh. But, VirtualBox 4.3.6 has me stumped under both Mac OS X 10.9.1 and Windows 8.1.

I've downloaded the HackBoot ISO (mavericks version) available in this thread. I have two different Mavericks install DVDs that I've created in two different ways. I've even downloaded a Mavericks image from Baidu that supposedly worked with HackBoot and VirtualBox (see earlier post). Earlier I got 10.8 running successfully under VirtualBox 4.3.6 using a different HackBoot ISO.

I run into the above error on both the Mac and the Windows side and with my own Mavericks install image and one d/l from Baidu which  leads me to conclude it's a problem with my configuration of VirtualBox and/or my BIOS (it happens in both HackOS X 10.9.1 and Windows 8.1) and/or VirtualBox.

Re-reading the thread a few messages ago, I wonder if it has something to do with the newest version of VirtualBox? (I doubt it's Windows since my problem occurs on both Windows 8.1 and Hack OS X 10.9.1).

-v and -x do nothing and both hang at the same place. I've tried VT-x enabled and disabled in the Gigabyte's BIOS (enabled seems to prevent my Hackintosh from booting since two VirtualBox softwares show up as halting the boot process... haven't tried booting into the Hackintosh since).

Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H mobo (1150 socket), i5 4570S Haswell CPU, 8 GB RAM

VirtualBox: 4.3.6 with the extension pack installed.

What to do?

Minor update:

I'm experimenting with settings. Changing the motherboard chipset to PIIX3 from ICH9 seems to have added two additional lines after the error reported in the previous post before it hangs. Plus, when you hover over the PIIX3/ICH9 selector you see a warning that the ICH9 implementation is experimental and only recommended for OSes that require it (like OS X). I'm starting to wonder if VirtualBox 4.3.6 is the cause of the problem (unfortunately I don't see version 4.3.3 in the archives as a previous poster mentioned).

New Error:

USBF: 5.502 AppleUSBOHCI::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

USBF: 5.507 AppleUSBOHCI::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

Minor Update 2:

Version 4.3.2 gave the same error under Windows.

Attached Files

Jumping Junipers

Jumping Junipers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Another update:

The hfs: error is a red herring. I'm now staring at the installer screen under VMWare Player 6 and I still saw the error reported during boot! Obviously something else is causing the installer and VirtualBox to disagree.

Installed VMware Player 6. It's booting the installer after I changed the CD/DVD to SATA and booted with -v -x. Now I am looking at the installer screen :).

FYI Used the Mavericks ISO Boot attached to this thread and the Mavericks ISO downloaded from a link listed earlier in this thread.

Update to the update:

Had to remove and recreate the HDD. The default is IDE and Disk Utility can't see it. SATA  works. Also, the mouse direction controls are reversed (weird--really weird and annoying).

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy