/com.apple.Boot.plist not found !

megavolkan

104 posts in this topic

Another option you can try that worked for me on my dv6000 series is this...

On initial boot, I had to do this REALLY quick:

- ESC

- Select boot from HD, ENTER

- When boot countdown starts, hit ENTER, -v, ENTER

After that I edited com.apple.Boot.plist to set timeout to 2, kernel flag to -v.

Reboot, enter BIOS and set BIOS password (made it short, like 123 or asd or whatever).

Reboot

Quickly enter password and hit ENTER

Wait...and voila!

Now all I have to do is boot, enter password and done.

• 1 month later...
A while ago i upgraded my system to a D820 processor, P965 MS?, 9700GT etc.

Now i can't start installing from DVD (x86 10.4.5), gives an error like:

/com.apple.Boot.plist not found

Then i pressed keys randomly and when i pressed F8 a screen appeared that says

(bla bla bla)

HDD (159.0) Ethernet PXE Client

and no selectible options. I disabled onboard Ethernet nothing changed.

Previously i was able to install with same DVD and same SATA drive.

Any opinions?

well, if you had the disc in before and you chose netboot this would've happened on my laptop a simple REBOOT fixed it but your :( computer still wants to netboot so my advice is to either get another HDD i believe (but not 100% sure) that if you get a new HDD this will stop even a crappy 10 GB ATA drive set that ATA/SATA drive to master (WITHOUT MAC ALREADY ON IT!!!!!) then boot from CD having the original HDD as slave and the CD as master and if your other HDD has files on it i suggest backing them up then using DBAN ( http://www.dban.org/ ) (Darik's Boot And Nuke wonderful program has your HDD wiped CLEAN no recovery possible though takes a while its FREE!!! and works not that i am endorsing them...) or a simple reformat (faster although less secure) try it if that doesn't work i'll try to come up with something else...

hope this post helped,

LOG123

woah that was 2 years ago ._.

• 5 months later...

hey guys, i had the problem forever with my asus p5k-e, and after looking through a thousand forums and they all said AHCI mode and that the DVD had to be sata. Well call me stubborn and impatient but i dont have a sata dvd so i took an old IDE enclosure and hooked my dvd up to that, USB to my tower, changed my bios sata settings to AHCI and booted from DVD. Magic. Keep up the good work and share whatever information you have!

• 7 months later...