• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

xplus93

xplus93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I used a USB image based distro. I don't think it had a specific name. Anyways, look for one of those, and flash it to a thumb drive. I do know there was an issue with one of the more recent bootloaders that uses a mouse for navigation. The internal trackpad isn't recognized and the usb ports don't work. I had to push one of the function keys to get to the older chameleon bootloader and from there I could type in the boot flags. The biggest problem I have now is getting a boot loader installed. I'm about to follow this guide here and see if I can get it working.

http://www.macbreake...oot0-error.html

Edit: I hope i'm not breaking any rules since i'm not linking to anything, but the usb image I got was a .raw file in a torrent you can find with the keywords "Mavericks USB" on an extremely popular tracker. It may have been the DMG one, anyways, you have to press "1" as it boots up so you can bypass the clover bootloader.

andon21

andon21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Gents I come bearing good news, I have the same laptop as yourselves and can tell you that OS X86 is indeed possible. 

Niresh is the place to go if you just want something working. Most of it works out of the box. Once you have the system up and running you can switch your smbios to a MBP 8,1 for your display to start.

I'm currently starting from scratch as I don't like not having proper power management. I'll let you know if i get everything working. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy