DP6 Graphics crashing

shadowkhas

3 posts in this topic

I've already resolved the issue for me, but I want to make a post to help anyone in the future.

I have a GTX 465, and in DP6, I was getting an instant system freeze whenever I watched any YouTube video in any browser. However, switching from a Mac mini 5,1 to an iMac 12,1 system definition fixed it for me.

I've already resolved the issue for me, but I want to make a post to help anyone in the future.

I have a GTX 465, and in DP6, I was getting an instant system freeze whenever I watched any YouTube video in any browser. However, switching from a Mac mini 5,1 to an iMac 12,1 system definition fixed it for me.

I had this issue too it happens in ML if I use Nvidia Web drivers for 10.8.3 and for 10.8.4, and happens with DP6 now. My theory is the new drivers seems to seek for the HD3000 or HD4000 built in in some Macs for use with some types of Video content, like the MacMini 5,1 you are using and the Macbook Pro 8,3 I was using, If you use iMac or Mac Pro it just works.

Good Luck

Had the same crashes on 10.8.3 now on DP6 so far i managed to trigger it a couple of times, but when i logged in over ssh to kill safari (somehow flash is involved?) everything was ok again. note that i did disable AppleGraphicsPowermanagement and i don't know if it helps in avoiding this error

Aug 28 19:05:56 localhost com.apple.WebKit.WebContent[731]: AVF error: AGPMGetManagedPortForAccelerator returned 0x4 for VP4
Aug 28 19:05:56 localhost kernel[0]: NVDA(Video): Channel exception! Exception type = 0x1f Access Violation Error (MMU Error 2)