I'm trying to setup my friends Compaq Presario CQ57-229WM w/ 2gig mem to run SL 10.6.3->10.6.8.
- AMD Dual-Core processor, C-50 1.0GHz, 1MB L2 Cache
- 2GB of DDR3 SDRAM system memory
- 250GB SATA hard drive
- SuperMulti DVD Burner
- 10/100Base-T Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
- Webcam with microphone
- 2-in-1 memory card reader
- 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x VGA port, 1 x headphone-out, 1 x microphone-in, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port
I've completed a few intel's with no problem, but this AMD is really catching me off guard. This will be my guide for install for others as I discover what to do to make it work.
my boot flags are
rd(0,0)/Extra/legacy_kernel arch=i386 cpus=1 busratio=16 acpi=off -v
Using nawcom modCD again, partioned the drive as OSX/MBR <!-- very important don't overlook this or you'll be spinning your wheels!
Install is clean - additional updates on boot up.
Installed Combo update went well, applied 10.6.8 legacy v2 kernel booted right up.
**e0 Ethernet LAN - link light active, OS unable to discover
- e0 was corrected with AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext found on the Easy EFI v2.2 in Extensions.mkext
** Wifi not recognized // RealTek Mini Wifi Card 640926-001 RTL8188CE
- I tried the RTL81xx v.90 pkg but no go on wifi.. hmmm need to do more research
- Doesn't appear this card has any supported kexts. getting a HP Atheros AR5B195 which is a comp device.
** Graphics stuck in 1024x786 ewww. Radeon HD 6250 -- Fixed with Graphics Mode = 1366x768x32
-- Grpahics VRAM @ 4mb vs 256mb... no kext loaded
** Sleep - Doesn't activate - not concerned currently
** Audio - worked via auto detection from ModCD (VooDoo HDA)
** Microphone - device found, but not functioning properly.
** keyboard - worked via auto detection from ModCD
** trackpad - worked via auto detection from ModCD (can be reactivated via VooDooPS2 Trackpad Support pkg )
** WebCam - works via modCD install
** Shutdown / Restart - works via modCD install