• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Astro13

Astro13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I currently have a Toshiba Qosmio x505-q896 and I wish to run 10.6.3 Snow Leopard and update to 10.7 Lion. I would like to find if anyone could back up which operating system would work best for this? The first install had issues: sound, dvd, usb, internet, firewire (A forum noted to delete the kexts from the operating system before install, any ideas?), ethernet, graphics and wi-fi didn't work (with the 10.6.3 SL install). I was only able to boot with the boot option: -x -v -f acpi= off. PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No  

I have tried to combine four different builds to come up with my own install, but NO success...

I have tried to follow: http://insanelymac.c...stall-wont-work

I have used: iB00t Legacy, iB00t Regular, Nawcam Boot, Empire EFI, Chameleon Boot Loader & Mod cd Nawcam  ...and the only one that installs and works best is iB00t Regular.

Getting Kernal Panic on firewire they say to remove the kexts from the system, but I need need to know where to remove the file.

I understand that a systematic build could be needed for this, but I am unaware of where to obtain the build seqence; other than finding someone who can throw me a bone?!

I am at an idle of where to go next and what to do?!

Has anyone had success with this build? What sequence did you use?

Any thoughts...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy