Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Astro13

Qosmio x505-q896 OSx86

1 post in this topic

I currently have a Toshiba Qosmio x505-q896 and I wish to run 10.6.3 Snow Leopard and update to 10.7 Lion. I would like to find if anyone could back up which operating system would work best for this? The first install had issues: sound, dvd, usb, internet, firewire (A forum noted to delete the kexts from the operating system before install, any ideas?), ethernet, graphics and wi-fi didn't work (with the 10.6.3 SL install). I was only able to boot with the boot option: -x -v -f acpi= off. PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No  

I have tried to combine four different builds to come up with my own install, but NO success...

I have tried to follow: http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/258724-toshiba-qosmio-x505-q893-install-wont-work

I have used: iB00t Legacy, iB00t Regular, Nawcam Boot, Empire EFI, Chameleon Boot Loader & Mod cd Nawcam  ...and the only one that installs and works best is iB00t Regular.

Getting Kernal Panic on firewire they say to remove the kexts from the system, but I need need to know where to remove the file.

I understand that a systematic build could be needed for this, but I am unaware of where to obtain the build seqence; other than finding someone who can throw me a bone?!

I am at an idle of where to go next and what to do?!

Has anyone had success with this build? What sequence did you use?

Any thoughts...

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By moman2000
      Hi,

Here it is (attached) for anyone who needs it for patching or restoring!

Taken from macOS 10.14 Beta 1 18A293u

Regards,
      Mohamed
      AppleHDA_282.5.kext.zip
    • By JDizz
      #UPDATE AS OF APRIL 27, 2018 Thursday, 3:53 PM EST

SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS
      After you figure out how to get High Sierra 10.13 or 10.13.4 installed to a USB with Clover Bootloader, and you're loaded onto MacOS High Sierra:

Download Clover Configurator and MOUNT your partition and OPEN it to reveal your EFI folder. Delete it.
      Simply download the attached ZIP and unzip it by double clicking it. Then copy and paste the EFI folder you unzipped to the location of your mounted partition.

Done. Enjoy. Special thanks to Jake Lo !

WORKING [Dell M6800 - High Sierra 10.13.4]
      Sleep/Wake WHILE THE POWER CORD IS PLUGGED IN (Not from closing the screen down, but from clicking the Apple logo and sleep or by timer).
      Wi-Fi (AirPort Extreme) via Broadcom BCM43xx.
      2 USB ports on the LEFT side as USB 2.0/3.0 and the 1 USB 2.0/eSATA on the back.
      KeyBoard.
      TouchPad (With MultiTouch - Fully functional)
      iMessage, iCloud, FaceTime, AppStore work perfectly.
      NVIDIA Graphics work perfectly thanks to the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp kext. THIS FIXES THE BLACK OR BLANK SCREEN PROBLEM.
      DVD-Drive/Burning if you even care to use CD, DVD disk.
      Bluetooth (Works even with Apple HomePod =] )
      Ethernet/RJ-45
      2 USBs on right side as USB 2.0/3.0
      Native Sound (On board Speakers and can adjust sound with buttons)
      SD Card Readers
      Adjusting Brightness (Download an app from the AppStore called Brightness Slider -OR- use Night Shift [will not adjust brightness, but will be bearable]).

NOT WORKING [Dell M6800 - High Sierra 10.13.4]
      Headphone Jack (Excessive Static)
    • By ivanagui2
      VMQemuVGA display adapter driver for OSx86 running as a VirtualBox guest. The binary should work on all OSs from Snow Leopard up to Yosemite 10.10. It allows to set different screen resolutions in VirtualBox from System Preferences.   The changes I've made to the fork have been minimal.
      GitHub project page Binary and source releases Special thanks:
      PureDarwin
      probonopd
      rafirafi
      Zenith432
      VMware, Inc

• By clockT
      Vorrei solo un piccolo aiutino nel post installazione su questa config

GA-Z77-DS3H
      Zotac GeForce GTS 250 1024 MB
      SSD

1) Non riesco ad attivare l'audio , e so che mi sto perdendo in un bicchiere d'acqua
      2) Vorrei sapere se il config.plist è configurato bene per la mobo
      3)poi nn capisco perchè dopo il boot vedo un kernel panic ma dopo  va tutto liscio..bah

spero che mi aiutate in questa config
      CLOVER.zip
      Archivio.zip
    • By davideantonio
      Hi guys, I Have an ASUS N752VX, and I've installed mac OS High Sierra, in my laptop. Unfortunately I have some problems with kexts.

NOT WORKING:
      - Touchpad I2C,
      -  Ethernet.

P.S. Maybe , the second one, is caused by my USB Wi-fi, because my wi-fi module seems to not work 'cause it is not compatible!