Stuck at Z77 MB choice

Dowin

3 posts in this topic

Hi, i have plan to build my H-mac for a long time.

Now i want to build it up, however, i am getting stuck about motherboard .

In the Plan

My choice list is:

CPU:3770K

MB:GA Z77 D3H

RAM: Crosshair 4x8 1600 32G

Graphic: now have 6850 and swap GTX680 few days later.

nowadays i am going to buy all those stuff. but i found. Z77 D3H seems not so good for H-mac. Fuzz things around sound and network, doesn't it?

So ,between DS3H and D3H rev 1.1 ,which one is better and more stable? and how about Z77x UD5H

And ,in another hand, i found people says Z77 UP5 is good one and almost perfect.

Funny things is , i just came to asia from usa for this summer, i do check the asian price about my org plan when i was in USA.

There is not so much price different about the stuffs in the list and that is the reason i have not buy anything from usa.

However UP5 in asian is almost 2.5x price than USA. that makes me not feel well.

Id like to say i really like UP5, but i dont like the price for this place.

Now,I really need to set up this working computer ASAP. I am very confuse which MB should i buy because i want to build my H-mac as most stable and easy.

For price , DS3H, D3H and UD5H is all acceptable. so i really need u guys give me some advice. thank u

just case, should i buy DS3H for now and swap UP5 when i come back to USA?

if any helpful advice ,thank u

• Like 1

concerning DS3H and D3H you should check but from what I heard ds3h as a more compatible audio chip.

It used to, mainly because of the audio codec: DS3H uses Realtek, D3H the Via VT 2021, and the latter used to require VoodooHDA, while the former could have native AppleHDA support. This issue was solved, though, and both cards has the possibility of native audio codec support, so you can go for either one. I prefer the DS3H because of the Realtek 8111/8168 onboard LAN, while the D3H needs Shailua's ALX Atheros driver, which in my personal experience is prone to kernel panics and connection loss, specially when downloading/transferring large files.

All the best!