• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

LightInDark

LightInDark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
I installed from iatkos S3 as it was the only thing that worked for me, Retail didn't wanna run. The installer worked perfectly and I didn't have to use flags, I installed trying both the default kernel and qoopz 10.3, I used the nvenabler and the EFI string as well as the AHCI drivers. I also tried downloading a new kernel that's said to work with my cpu, the AMD 8350 but then I just get a kernel panic at the start of the boot when it launches darwin x86.

It's starting to get me down, I have no idea what to do, I tried various kernels none worked.

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
What about the moteherboard you are using (model, chipset etc.)?

LightInDark

LightInDark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
ASRock 970 Extreme4 using the AMD 970 chipset.

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
I'm Intel fanboy, so can't help much. There are members using AMD machines. Be sure to search the forum.

LightInDark

LightInDark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Ive searched the forums as much as I can, non of which were relevant or didn't help my problem. Also tried searching google to no end. I've tried so many things, even kernels and drivers that say they work with my exact CPU. It must be a problem with the chipset but seeing as the 900 chipsets are modern and almost every AMD motherboard uses them now I'm sure others have had luck with them.

joe_black

joe_black

h4ck1nt0sh3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Try Hazard distro for your AMD otherwise try a reinstall of iATKOS with only the proper AMD kernel, then try doing a safe boot.

At what point does it panic?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy