help decide b/t GT640 or GTX650

10 posts in this topic

Thanks for reading..

i don't game.. very rarely.

Occasional video editing. But No 3d work.

i use logic for music compositions and shall use 30" screen later. i may also expand to 3 monitor setup with perhaps 1 monitor being 30" or bigger. may be projector.

I have HD3000 onboard graphics with which i am running ML right now.

Now, to expand to dual monitor i need a graphics card. Now, the most important thing is that Graphics Card has to be absolutely Out of Box and Stable without any issues.. Absolutely NATIVE.. cos i suffered a lot with my earlier gpu which crashed very often hence making my system highly unstable.. I want a card with which i can take updates to ML without any issues.. and just focus on work.. Something which is like install and forget..

Which one you guys suggest with my kind of requirement?

My System is:

i7 2600k

gigabyte z68xp-ud3

16 gb ram

650 watt psu

corsair carbite tower.. big cabinet..

im using a Gigabyte gtx 670. and its oob. but i dont know your budget.

also i know the Sapphire Vapour-X 5770 work oob as mac uses the 5770. from your post you wish a strate forward plug and play card for your build

and its not a expensive card

sometimes you have to compromise on what you wish to work. and what works (after all we are building Hackintoshes)

and a good secondhand one would be about half the price of a gtx 650

im using a Gigabyte gtx 670. and its oob. but i dont know your budget.

also i know the Sapphire Vapour-X 5770 work oob as mac uses the 5770. from your post you wish a strate forward plug and play card for your build

and its not a expensive card

sometimes you have to compromise on what you wish to work. and what works (after all we are building Hackintoshes)

and a good secondhand one would be about half the price of a gtx 650

Sapphire Vapour-X 5770 is not available easily in my country.. not atleast on online shops.. any other recommendation?

my budget is less than $200.. since my usage is not much high as mentioned above in first thread..

GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 650 2 GB

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-...02-driver.html

link to drivers you mite need to get card showing up as gigabyte gtx650 in profile

in boot plist you will need to edit GraphicsEnabler=No in kernal flags. you mite need to put to trash Apple TYMCEDriver kext

so its not a oob card but not mutch work

i have not used this card myself. just what ive managed to read (so dont blame me if it dont work)

GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 650 2 GB

http://www.nvidia.co....02-driver.html

link to drivers you mite need to get card showing up as gigabyte gtx650 in profile

in boot plist you will need to edit GraphicsEnabler=No in kernal flags. you mite need to put to trash Apple TYMCEDriver kext

so its not a oob card but not mutch work

i have not used this card myself. just what ive managed to read (so dont blame me if it dont work)

thanks.. no i won't blame u mate.. but i'd rather go with a OOB card.. its absolutely important for me to go with a OOB card with max compatibility and stability..

BTW, isn't the gtx 650 considered OOB? i read that on tonymac forum..???

oob means to me just plug and play (remmber we are making HACKINTOSHES and not all GTX650 Act the same)

in truth this hobby is a gamble as far as parts go

im trying to help with very limited knowledgej on the card you wish to use (just what ive read)

my advice is look on youtube and cheek out if you can find one working on there with the GTX 650 and how ppl got it to work

Hi

I read at goog, looking for the same question about gtx 650, and seems it work oob ,with just GraphicsEnabler=No...just check...

c.frio

thats true.. 650 works oob with GE=No.. both its 1gb and 2 gb version works fine..