TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Slower on Hackintosh than MacBook

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently built a hackintosh and with it, bought a TP-Link TL-WDN400 which (according to Tonymacx86 users) should work OOB. I've got it working with no problems whatsoever, but the speeds seem throttled and I can't seem to find a way to fix this. Have others experienced the same problems? On my Hackintosh I get 9.51mbps down while I get 16.04mbps down on my MacBook which is sitting right beside my Hackintosh.

(Hackintosh)

2644706143.png

(MacBook)

2644708766.png

I'm using a GIGABYTE Z77X-UP5 TH Motherboard, Intel i5-3570k processor.

Thank you!

Definitely it works OOB in hackintosh. Fortunately I don't see any significant difference here when comparing the result from OS X and Windows.

post-666590-0-68404500-1365944928_thumb.png

I've already tried reinstalling OSX and changing system definitions, with no success :(.

Did you have to change any networking settings or was it just plug & play?

• 3 months later...

I have had this issue as well and have been tryin to find solution for this. 

What I did was 

System Preference > Network > Delete your current wireless network (usually named as Wi-Fi) 

After the Wi-Fi network has been deleted. Proceed to

Create a new Wi-Fi network by click on the + and follow through without any changes on any field. Reconnect to your wireless and proceed to speedtest to check for any improvement on network speed 

• 1 month later...

OK, I *think* I've fixed the issue. Plugged the TL-WDN4800 in a PCIEX8 slot and voila! I have no idea why it did not work in the smaller PCIE slot, but it works now.

notrodash,

How did you make this? Just plug the TL-4800 (x1) in a x8 Slot?

I'm using Gigabyte P55A UD3 (SL + Win8). This board has two x1 slots, but when plugged into the first slot hack becomes slow after loading system. In the second slot machine does not start. When I start win8, the same hack, there is no any problem, the TL-4800 is recognized immediately.

Tks,

notrodash,

How did you make this? Just plug the TL-4800 (x1) in a x8 Slot?

I'm using Gigabyte P55A UD3 (SL + Win8). This board has two x1 slots, but when plugged into the first slot hack becomes slow after loading system. In the second slot machine does not start. When I start win8, the same hack, there is no any problem, the TL-4800 is recognized immediately.

Tks,

I use Mountain Lion, not Snow Leopard. That could be the problem here.