[Guide] Bypass the white screen for ATI HD 7xxx (10.8.3)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Scellow

Scellow

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:while{true||false}
    {
    dream();
    }

@teletubie:

i switched my motherboard to an asus one now which i got from ebay for 25 euros, it got integrated graphics and fast boot :D (didnt even noticed that)

but i get appleacpi something error with kernelpanic. iam not able to boot in at the moment without deleting the 7000.kext.

@alexis:

we know how to apply these things with fbrotate, but it just stays white for us, when i boot without the 7000.kext i see that fbrotate is executed automatically. but not when i boot with the kext.

Try to put your device id in the kext :)

koriwi

koriwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

ok, can you tell me where ? else i gonna google. but this will take long :P (dont know where i find it and where to put it. and a bit drunk now :D )

and how can i solve the appleacpi kext error ? i reinstall ml in 12 hours or something but have to get some space on my harddrive

Edit: Ok now i know where to put it, but dont know where i find the id, and which part i have to change. oww man, i have to reinstall everything, because i build a second pc with the harddrive where ml was installed. but a fresh install is always good (except that i forgot to save my dsdt.)

Edit II: Mountain Lion is intalled, but chameleon doesnt works as it should :/ when i try to boot with chameleon, my pc just restarts.

but when i fixed this, i can try to edit my kext. i hope it works.

wh1sker

wh1sker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

How do we find out DisplayID?

I have a 7950 with my main monitor and a tv hooked up to the hdmi for movies. I'm using the second method, but I don't know how to find out the display id. I'm really new to this  I don't know anything.

I'm running 10.9.1 and when I have 2 displays set up and I get a white screen at boot. I have to reset and unplug one of them.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

How do we find out DisplayID?

I have a 7950 with my main monitor and a tv hooked up to the hdmi for movies. I'm using the second method, but I don't know how to find out the display id. I'm really new to this  I don't know anything.

I'm running 10.9.1 and when I have 2 displays set up and I get a white screen at boot. I have to reset and unplug one of them.

unpack attached file to /Applications

in terminal:

/Applications/fb-rotate -i

in the script:

// Rotate the 2nd display

/Applications/fb-rotate -d 0x******** -r 90
/Applications/fb-rotate -d 0x******** -r 0

// Just replace 0x******** with the hexadecimal Display_ID

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts

Much easier for the SAPPHIRE 100357LP HD 7750 low-profile (Device ID 683f) in Mavericks - tested w/ 10.9.2:

apply the three 10.8.3 kexts from http://www.osx86.net...-ati-7000-kext/ and 10.9.2 should boot right into Desktop - no black blank screen, no white screen. No rotate, no DSDT edits necessary here.

Unfortunately these kexts do NOT solve the white screen with the SAPPHIRE 100357LP HD 7750 low-profile in 10.8.5 ..

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts

PS: I wonder if there is a better solution than user-level sleep and fp-rotate. It's cumbersome and awkward that the login-window is not visible. A rotate script during runtime of login-window would come in very handy. Hints, anybody?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy