• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

.picodev

.picodev

Insanelymac Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Success story after 4 days of painstaking work.Just to get QE/CI up and running and im all good. Old AMD Athlon X2 64 4200+ with a cheap-ass 30 euro ASRock piece of crud motherboard boasting the nForce 630 chipset. Posted Image

First tinkered with VMWare Workstation and 10.6.8 snow leopard,made a virtual hard disk,restored Basesystem.dmg etc etc all the usual stuff.Made a .sparsebundle image,booted 10.5.7 Leopard off a DVD,restored it to a HDD partition,did the terminal work,pulled all neccecary stuff from a USB flash drive.The restore process for some odd reason didnt copy the /var and /Volumes partition so i had fun with that for a few hours but finnaly managed to copy those from another restored image on a USB flash drive.Booted the HDD partition,installed,again back to Leopard and the terminal,fixed it up,and et voala,booted in. 4 days of work total. Btw kernel is Bronzovka 10.7.4 arch=i386, 64 bit userland functioning. What can i say,it was a challenge.Now off to setup meself some Mountain Lion goodness on a proper Intel i5 3570K :)

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,945 posts
Hi!

Which are your specs? If your graphics card is onboard, there's no hope at all to get QE/CI working. But if you have/buy a cheap nVidia or ATI card, your chances improve considerably. Since you won't be trying Mountain Lion on this machine, at least for now, i recomend a cheap G210: will work OOB with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and all ports will do fine, as well as sleep and wake with a proper SleepEnabler. HDMI audio will be easy with latest VoodooHDA.

Please post your successful build here: http://www.insanelym...working-builds/

All the best!

.picodev

.picodev

Insanelymac Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi the connatic.

Cheers for the reply and the helpfulness,don't you worry man,Gainward 9600 GT GS up and running full on :) Was just posting a success if anybody has some old similar hardware,not to give up,it can work,a bit sketchy process but it pays off heh.Will post it there,thanx for the reminder.

Igor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy