I'm a Mac user for at least 17 years, I play games a lot and I'm an user of a 2008 15" Macbook Pro (the first with dual graphics cards, GeForce 9400M and 9600M GT). I've installed a Crucial SSD in it which well boosted the reactivity of the computer but for new games it's not performing very well.
After seeing the Quo Computer project for a universal motherboard on Kickstarter, I've got interested in Hackintosh. It hitted me like that and now i absolutely want to buy one. Right now I'm a bit short on money so my budget must be under 1300 € ($1700, including taxes) for the whole setup, including the display. I had to abandon the Core i7 and a more powerful graphic card to be a little more reasonable. But I plan to upgrade the last one in a year or two probably. I need a silent computer, that's why I love macs, I don't want a vacuum cleaner under my desk. Could please look at the setup I want to buy below, see if there is anything dumb? I know it must be compatible but I'm not sure I've picked all the right components. All prices include taxes. This is prices from a website where I want to buy the parts. Thank you.
- Intel Core i5-3570K 3,4GHz (HD 4000), 216 € ($282)
- Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H TH (micro ATX, 2 thunderbolt) 156 € ($204)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 GV-N650OC-2GI 83 € ($109)
- Gigabyte GV-N66TWF2-2GD 2GB 182 € ($238)
Be Quiet! Pure Power L7-630W 80Plus Bronze (Must be to powerfull but I will upgrade my graphics card later) 55 €
- Be Quiet! PSU Straight Power E9-500W 80PLUS Gold 83 € ($109)
- Fractal Design Define R4 Black (With sound dampening foam inside and a clean design) 71 € ($93)
- Crucial M4 256GB
179 € ($234)I'll use the one in my MacBook Pro
- Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 6Gb/s 64MB 50 € ($65)
- Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue 2x4 GB (for Dual channel) 66 € ($86)
- Blu-ray reader + DVD burner LG CH10LS28 60 € ($78)
- Apple Keyboard 55 € ($72)
Eizo 23" FORIS FS2332 216 € ($282)
- Eizo 23" FORIS FS2333 350 € ($458)
With display : 1289 € ($1686)
I can provide links to the parts but I'm not sure it's allowed by the forum rules.
Thank you for your comments.