3 replies to this topic

renegade334

renegade334

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this website - n00b alert! My question for the learned folk of this forum is very similar to ones that most newbies have: will this hardware work, essentially?

My configuration is:

1) CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66 Ghz)
2) Cache: L1-D Cache:32KB, L1-I Cache: 32KB, L2 Cache: 4096KB
3) Mainboard: Intel DG33FB (PCI Express)
4) RAM: 4 GB RAM (2+1+1) at 800 Mhz FSB
5) GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6450 1 GB

I've been unable to find items 3) and 5) in the hardware compatibility list, so I thought I'd post here and ask, and also see if anyone's been successful in running OSX with the same/similar configuration.

Thanks,
renegade334

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Intel chipset is usually a winner! But, as always, only testing will show it.

About the GPU, well: my 5450 - a low end 5xxx series GPU - working with little edits. Perhaps that would be the case for your lightweight 6xxx series. Usually, but there are exceptions, ATI 5xxx and 6xxx are quite easy.

Best regards!

renegade334

renegade334

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
That's good to hear, theconnactic!

I've decided to use one empty HDD as my test bed, that way should something go wrong, I can reformat and reinstall. I'd be curious, though, to learn what kind of edits were required for your 5450 GPU.

Thank you!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Just adding my card's device ID to the info.plist of both AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext and AMD5000.kext did the trick!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dg33, dg33fsb, core2duo, e6750, ati, hd6450

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy