AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB fixed (SL 10.6.8)

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

wbbigdave

wbbigdave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ok im confused, but thats not hard.

Im pretty new to this derping around with kexts so what am I supposed to do with the first attached file? The zip merely contains a mysterious "File".

I have patched my existing AppleIntelHdGraphicsFB.Kext ala this thread http://www.insanelym...on-lenovo-x201/ (im rocking an x201 as well) but It doesn't boot after that. No Panic No Black Screen just hang which I have had when previously baulking my graphics kext installation.

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Ok im confused, but thats not hard.

Im pretty new to this derping around with kexts so what am I supposed to do with the first attached file? The zip merely contains a mysterious "File".

I have patched my existing AppleIntelHdGraphicsFB.Kext ala this thread http://www.insanelym...on-lenovo-x201/ (im rocking an x201 as well) but It doesn't boot after that. No Panic No Black Screen just hang which I have had when previously baulking my graphics kext installation.

Have you tried my Intel HD Graphics 10.8.3 QE/CI kexts? I mean you don't have to hack or anything just choose which framebuffer you want...

wbbigdave

wbbigdave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Have you tried my Intel HD Graphics 10.8.3 QE/CI kexts? I mean you don't have to hack or anything just choose which framebuffer you want...

Are they in the first post? I only seem to download an empty "file" when I open that

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Are they in the first post? I only seem to download an empty "file" when I open that

No they're in a separate topic. Read my 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics guide in this same Intel forum. I provided useful information.
http://www.insanelym...-graphics-qeci/

wbbigdave

wbbigdave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I tried the 10.8.2 QE/CI one first and I only managed to get the forever spinning wheel, I tried the normal CI installation (Step 1) and now I have CI (sort of)

the only problem I noticed was in screen saver menu the preview is not centred. Its off to the lower part of the window

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

I tried the 10.8.2 QE/CI one first and I only managed to get the forever spinning wheel, I tried the normal CI installation (Step 1) and now I have CI (sort of)

the only problem I noticed was in screen saver menu the preview is not centred. Its off to the lower part of the window

I recommend upgrading to 10.8.3. You may have better results. By the way, I'm assuming your laptop is using the LVDS connection for QE/CI right? If its eDP, then only Core Image will work.

wbbigdave

wbbigdave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yea the internal on the x201 is LVDS

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Yea the internal on the x201 is LVDS

Alright it qualifies for QE/CI. Again I recommend upgrading your hackintosh to 10.8.3. Follow my guide and I want to to install an alternative framebuffer. This is because the alternative versions have less problems. Decide whether you need a singlelink or dualink frame buffer. Also I want you to install Natit.kext.

That should do the trick. :smoke:

Once you got it working, you can try to install the normal framebuffer if it works. If not revert to alternate framebuffer.

wbbigdave

wbbigdave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Just installed the Combo update so going to crack on with the 10.8.3 kexts. You da man.

ebuyers

ebuyers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

any successful case on PCs with 1st gen HD card?

plz show merce !!!!

treyhamilton25

treyhamilton25

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshing

I have Intel HD 4000 [0166:8086] (rev 09)

Will this work for mine? I have native resolution because I use im my plist. I have posted it below. The graphics and iCloud are the only things left to make my laptop full functional. Any insight? plist will be attached.

Attached Files

hzhjy123

hzhjy123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Intel GMA X4500 Can?

artimess

artimess

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Does this tool worl with OSX 10.9.2?

Thanks

Artimess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy