About using discrete and integrated graphics at the same time:

theconnactic

79 posts in this topic

• 1 year later...

They will both work fine together. I testing I have been able to get 4 GTX 580's and Intel HD4000 all working at once in the same system.

What it comes down to is using a well edited DSDT and spending the time to edit one on your own or find/hire someone to help you do it.

Basically you extract the DSDT when both cards are installed. Then shutdown and remove the Dedicated card from the system and focus on getting all the MB components working and HD4000 working and the edits in the DSDT for it. Then add the Nvidia card and use DSDT injection for it as GraphicsEnabler=Yes does not play nice with 2 or more cards.

This has nothing to do with laptops my friend. Thats a entirely different issue... and you can enable both cards but you just can not switch to them. If you have a Nvidia card you can still use it for CUDA on a laptop.

As far as i understood you say: "You can use the nvidia graphics card on a optimus enabled laptop for CUDA, but you cannot use the graphics output." Is this correct? I have a HP Envy 17 with a Intel HD 4600 and a Geforce GT 750M. 

I think Final Cut Pro uses CUDA so this would be very helpful for more system speed!

• 3 weeks later...