Czech/Slovak

xmaniak100

22 posts in this topic

Hello, I know many users from Slovakia and Czech Republic who dont understand english. I would like to help those users by making a czech subforum. Now Czech and Slovak languages are very identical and almost every slovak guy understands czech and vice versa... So thats what I would like to make... Czech sub forum

• Like 1

OK, we can try. What do you want me to call the forum? (Forum Name and maybe Forum Description)

Name: České

Description: Vitajte! Toto sub fórum je určené pre tých z vás, ktorý nevedia po anglicky :) Budem sa snažiť odpovedať na každú otázku alebo problém :)

hi xmaniak100

I see that the Czech forum didn't started yet :)

have you some difficulty to start?

should not be ashamed, you can ask for help ;)

your idea was pretty good, it would be a pity to see Alessandro having right :(

I am willing to do it, but I hope I don't start yet another international subforum that hardly anybody visits.

Good luck

Hello fantomas. I am currently having some difficulties outside of computer :) but meanwhile i am waiting for first visiters... I am getting nervous because there are still none... if you mean it didnt start yet by itself having no subcategories, It was an agreement with allesandro that we will see if somebody visits it and eventually he will create subcategories then...

ONCE AGAIN as I said... I cant guarantee any visits, but I stay optimistic and believe im not the only one from my country who is obsessed with hackintoshes :)

the beginning can always be a little stressful, but once started, you will find lots of good ideas.

and it could be a good starting with an introductory topic, like Alessandro said it ;)

drinking in a empty glass is not like drinking in a filled glass :)I confess, I just invented this one

Hi xmaniak100

What about an introductory topic? :)

Ill think about making one :) as soon as I can(Im currently writing my FX guide for ml and fixing my server that blew up) :)

drinking in a empty glass is not like drinking in a filled glass :)I confess, I just invented this one

lol I love when people invent such things :D however I must confess...drinking an empty glass is rather hard task...I did it once :D I was so stressed that I didnt even notice im drinking already drunk glass of water...

• Like 1

frankly, I doubt that this forum has a chance to live if he is not animated :yoji:

if you wait people to come opening the topics in an empty place, I don't think it's the right strategy :soldiers:

it's as if you invite people to your house to dining, you pose their empty plates and then you tell them to prepare the dinner :trumpet:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well...but do you think could make it live?

I dine get the "if he is not animated" part... I dont wanna have a battle here...I just tried and probabbly failed... as I said, I cant guarantee you any visits...its not in my power to make someone visit it... I can only help it...

I think that I was wrong about this idea. If you want to you can delete the sub forum and remove my moderator status... I just tought that it would help... cant blame me for trying...

Sorry again

We are all people...

I am not giving up, I just dont want to argue

Hi, xmaniak100!

Why don't you begin translating AMD guides (or even making ones of your own) to your native tongue?

AMD hackintoshing is becoming popular again, and i bet people would google guides in their own idiom first. ;)

Just my two cents.

Best regards!

P.S.: translate also some FAQ items, for eventual newbies.

• Like 1

Thank you theconnatic for your sugesstion. I am glad people care :) . I am actually in a process of making an "ultimate" FX guide in both ENG and Slovak language where I cover the instalation and post installation, explain everything, cover all my problems I had on the way and if I solve some, I will add them there. It is taking a lot of time... The biggest problem is me raging with these forums new feature that there are no more stuff like things, because its buggy without it(Like I start typing and randomly it begins typing in the biggining of the line and stuff...

Alessandro, I knowe I should have made the topic earlier and I am not gonna make excuses, because they are of no use. I know it is entirely my responsibility. I will try to do better,

As I said :) I am not giving up! If there will be only ONE person who asks something there I will make sure he will get his help... at least try to herlp him...

One again, Thanks guys for giving me the chance and this weekend(when I will have more time) I will try to improve what I can. I hope it will be worth it.

Bye for now

• Like 2

Well...but do you think could make it live?

I dine get the "if he is not animated" part... I dont wanna have a battle here...I just tried and probabbly failed... as I said, I cant guarantee you any visits...its not in my power to make someone visit it... I can only help it...

I think that I was wrong about this idea. If you want to you can delete the sub forum and remove my moderator status... I just tought that it would help... cant blame me for trying...

Sorry again

We are all people...

I am not giving up, I just dont want to argue

hi xmaniak100

I don't blame you, my message was going more to a positive suggestion, not a negative :)

Putting an introductory topic (as Alessandro suggested it) is a very good idea, it's just a beginning.

There're more things you can do to revive this forum, you can take some examples on Italian forum. ;)

I wish you good luck and if you need some help or wished to introduce some other categories, I will be glad to help you ;)

Cordially

Thank you fantomas :) I didnt take it negatively... I am sorry that it seemed that way

I know it is just a beginning. As I said, This weekend will be mostly dedicated to this forum for me. I will create more topics and stuff. I have a question. Am I allowed to translate an existing topic if I credit the original author?

Also I wont add sub categories until I get some guys into my sub forum... Categories would do more harm than good with just few people. Also can I ask for inspiration, what topics would you translate for a start?

I have a question. Am I allowed to translate an existing topic if I credit the original author?

I don't have problem with that (Alessandro could confirm it), just that it's not in conflict with this rule:

Posting just to promote another site, product, or service (spamming) is not allowed. This site is not here for you to promote your own or anyone else's material.

I do the same on the French forum when I post a news article about Apple, I put bottom the link to the source, but only to attribute this article to the original author, not to promote the site. ;)

Also I wont add sub categories until I get some guys into my sub forum... Categories would do more harm than good with just few people. Also can I ask for inspiration, what topics would you translate for a start?

I don't agree with that; Your forum need to be tidy, to ensure that members will not be lost and that ultimately they go elsewhere to seek help. :)

As it's a new and young forum, maybe it will be a good idea to only concerate your help on the last OS, Lion and ML. So one special categorie for each OS

Then you can open another one that you called "Suggestions" for example, and you ask the members what they would for their forum

You can translate the forum rules and I'll put them with the International rules. Then you can put (pin) the link to your forum :)

You can create a FAQ, translate the WIki, the Quiz, and more and more and more other things :lol:

Thank you.

No i wouldnt promote it...I would just add sentence "Translated. Original by x"

I know it should be tidy... I will see this evening...

Thank you for your help :) I will srely do it :)

• Like 1

• 7 years later...