• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jsl

jsl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Hi, I like to enable my GTX 550Ti HDMI audio in Mountain Lion 10.8.3 or 10.7.5.
However after many trials it's not working yet.
Can anyone help me as soon as possible ?
Because Tolera had said it seems impossible for this GTX 550Ti video card, is it true ?
Attached files are my DSDT.aml and IORegistry Data.

Solved now!
Credit to toleda who is a genius I believe.
Please refer to post #11~12 in
http://www.insanelym...59#entry1889459

Attached Files

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,949 posts
You have ALC888. Is the AppleHDA you are using from Lion? If so you will have to patch AppleHDA for HDMI audio with your card. If you use a ML appleHDA it will work OOB with the edit you have.

HDDMI audio is loaded in your system.

jsl

jsl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

You have ALC888. Is the AppleHDA you are using from Lion? If so you will have to patch AppleHDA for HDMI audio with your card. If you use a ML appleHDA it will work OOB with the edit you have.

HDDMI audio is loaded in your system.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Yes I have patched several AppleHDA.kext but all are not working for HDMI audio.
I mean I can find HDMI audio in "About This Mac"(System Information), but there is no such a option of audio output in System Preference.
In the past I have successfully enabled ATI HD 5770, 5850 & 6870 as well as Intel HD 4000 with extra GTX 680 in 5 different PCs.
This is the first time I can not make it working.
According to Tolera's theory this GTX 550Ti seems never working properly for its HDMI audio.
So I just ask your expert's opinion again.
Do you mean just use native ML AppleHDA.kext instead of patched one will solve my problem ?

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,949 posts
You need a AppleHDA from ML patched for your Onboard. ML appleHDA is no longer self initiating which means onboard must load prior to HDMI audio work unlike be fore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy