No USB, No Bluetooth, No Wifi, any help?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

TeoTheCool

TeoTheCool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
660M is Kepler all the way man, its chip is a GK107 as opposed to a GF...

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Yes you're right 660m is gk107 as 650m and quadro K2000m. My mistake with close 670m in post above

660M is Kepler all the way man, its chip is a GK107 as opposed to a GF...

Could you use DarwinDumper to get all your system dumps from working OSX and if possible save vga bios with AIDA64 or GPU-Z in Windows?

Got it running! GTX 660M Nvidia Running Natively no kernel patch :D but no sound, no wifi

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Extracted and unpacked Alienware bios and there is no sign of nvidia bios in it! So even if card is mobile and based on GK107 chip it use its own bios boot sequence not like other laptops boot with nvidia bios part integrated inside main flash chip...

Got it running! GTX 660M Nvidia Running Natively no kernel patch :D but no sound, no wifi

TeoTheCool

TeoTheCool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
So do you think this might be it? The fact that our vga bios is inside the motherboard bios makes it somehow unreadable by chameleon/clover/OSX?

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
No bios loads fine but gpu driver can't check something...

I think we got some possibilities as AMD Radeon cards use - loading video bios dump with boot loader. But now we need to figure out what and how to patch our bioses or maybe patch some driver parts to get it load OSX to gui.

now I think this string in NVDAgl and NVDAHal stops on load NVDAKernel=NVDAGLDriver

unmatched

String

yes

So do you think this might be it? The fact that our vga bios is inside the motherboard bios makes it somehow unreadable by chameleon/clover/OSX?

jamesst20

jamesst20

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Hi, Could I possibly persuade you to send me a copy of the video ROM from your 660m? You should be able to extract it using z-gpu(from techpowerup) in windows. Or in Clover. if you are using that as a bootloader.

I would also be good to know if you have tried connecting an external monitor too.

I ask I am trying to get the mobile kepler card working in my laptop. I think the problem comes down to how the connectors are defined in the video ROM.

Cheers,
Tim.

Hi,

I sure can do that :) Just quote me here so I get a notification and I will upload it if you're still interested :)

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Here it is. Vbios from macbook retina and quadro k2000m both gk107 chip

Attached File  vbios-from-work-system.zip   167.17KB   25 downloads

Hi, Could I possibly persuade you to send me a copy of the video ROM from your 660m? You should be able to extract it using z-gpu(from techpowerup) in windows. Or in Clover. if you are using that as a bootloader.

I would also be good to know if you have tried connecting an external monitor too.

I ask I am trying to get the mobile kepler card working in my laptop. I think the problem comes down to how the connectors are defined in the video ROM.

Cheers,
Tim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy