No USB, No Bluetooth, No Wifi, any help?

jamesst20

67 posts in this topic

Thanks man, but a lot of details are missing on this report they are with the word TRIAL in front of them.

Here is another version of AIDA this one is full: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50415121/AIDA64extreme280.rar

With this you can save reports and even the bios of your note (to help you with the usbs) and the bios of geforce (to help me with qe/ci)

Hello,

I have a few questions about graphics on our gtx 660m, if someone can helpme .

After update my system to 10.8.3 and install cuda driver. I cant boot unless i remove NVDAResman.kext like others updates.

But if I look at IOReg I found that the four ports are detected (LDVS,HDMI,DP and VGA) ¿anyone have this ports detected ?

If I use the SMBIOS of jammest20 then apears AGPM under device(GFX0)

Same NVCAP like jamesst

NVgl and NVHal detect GK100 arch

I have a very very similar IOREG like jamesst20 but I have 3 BIG diferences:

Model

VRAM

IODisplayEDID

Well more than questions are my experience ;)

How can i inyect this values specialy EDID, all my attemps for doing this are fustrating.

post-857965-0-18727800-1363654315_thumb.png

Hello, after some time I came back, Lot of work.

I had the problem that you explained a time ago, let me remember how i solved it, when I find it I will post here.

Can you send-me another ioreg please, I could not open the 1st one. Thanks.

Hello, after some time I came back, Lot of work.

I had the problem that you explained a time ago, let me remember how i solved it, when I find it I will post here.

Can you send-me another ioreg please, I could not open the 1st one. Thanks.

Hi,

I can't seem to take a valid ioreg so I guess we will have to live without :/

Otherwise, AIDA Report : http://www.sendspace.com/file/j7cc06

@jamesst20

Hey ! Solution found! revert any changes you made to your os x and just install this kext: http://www.osx86.net...ci_usb_3.0.html

Here worked like a charm! PenDrive and Mouse working in USB 3.0.

YES ! IT WORKS!! :D THANKS!

I thought it would have fixed my bluetooth too thought but it didn't. I can live without :)

Can finally use my Wifi USB Dongle!

Anything I can do for my sound? It works with VoodooHDA but I have no control at all on it. Whatever I change, even sound volume, it has no effect. Tried to edit the kext to enable the fix in info.plist but didn't fix either.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got it running! GTX 660M Nvidia Running Natively no kernel patch :D but no sound, no wifi

Hi, Could I possibly persuade you to send me a copy of the video ROM from your 660m? You should be able to extract it using z-gpu(from techpowerup) in windows. Or in Clover. if you are using that as a bootloader.

I would also be good to know if you have tried connecting an external monitor too.

I ask I am trying to get the mobile kepler card working in my laptop. I think the problem comes down to how the connectors are defined in the video ROM.

Cheers,

Tim.

660M is Fermi card, not Kepler as ours Quadro's and Fermi is well supported with current nvidia drivers in OSX

You can extract video bios with PhoenixTools or user can extract it with AIDA64, GPU-Z can't extract any vga bioses on laptop nvidia gpu

Hope first betas of 10.9 after WWDC may fix our problems

List of Fermi-Keplers in 6XX nvidia generation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_600_Series#GeForce_600M_.286xxM.29_series

Hi, Could I possibly persuade you to send me a copy of the video ROM from your 660m? You should be able to extract it using z-gpu(from techpowerup) in windows. Or in Clover. if you are using that as a bootloader.

I would also be good to know if you have tried connecting an external monitor too.

I ask I am trying to get the mobile kepler card working in my laptop. I think the problem comes down to how the connectors are defined in the video ROM.

Cheers,
Tim.

Yes you're right 660m is gk107 as 650m and quadro K2000m. My mistake with close 670m in post above

660M is Kepler all the way man, its chip is a GK107 as opposed to a GF...

Could you use DarwinDumper to get all your system dumps from working OSX and if possible save vga bios with AIDA64 or GPU-Z in Windows?

Got it running! GTX 660M Nvidia Running Natively no kernel patch :D but no sound, no wifi

Extracted and unpacked Alienware bios and there is no sign of nvidia bios in it! So even if card is mobile and based on GK107 chip it use its own bios boot sequence not like other laptops boot with nvidia bios part integrated inside main flash chip...

No bios loads fine but gpu driver can't check something...

I think we got some possibilities as AMD Radeon cards use - loading video bios dump with boot loader. But now we need to figure out what and how to patch our bioses or maybe patch some driver parts to get it load OSX to gui.

now I think this string in NVDAgl and NVDAHal stops on load NVDAKernel=NVDAGLDriver

unmatched

String

yes

So do you think this might be it? The fact that our vga bios is inside the motherboard bios makes it somehow unreadable by chameleon/clover/OSX?

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers,

Tim.

Hi,

I sure can do that :) Just quote me here so I get a notification and I will upload it if you're still interested :)

Here it is. Vbios from macbook retina and quadro k2000m both gk107 chip

vbios-from-work-system.zip

Cheers,
Tim.