1 reply to this topic

DeadSinn

DeadSinn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Web And Software Devolpment
Hi all! I would like to build a new hackintosh and I had some doubts on using the socket 2011 or 1155. I do not follow most developments for months, and I remember the problem on socket 2011 on which the power management does not work. This problem is still there? Or was it resolved?
I would use the socket 2011 for the esacore and 8 slots of ram, but honestly, I'd rather have osx as much compatible as possible with vanilla. What do you advise me? I can try to go into in 2011 or I'm good on the rest of 1155?
Thanks!

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
The user RampageDev here supports x79 boards at http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/

Personally, I would go with z77 (1155) because of cost/performance and choice. However - it all comes down to what you want/need.

Take a look at his site and see what all is involved... he has had good success thus far with the 2011 platform,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy