How it's possible?

codec

8 posts in this topic

What's wrong? My nu card Pallit 7300GT 128MB DDR3 1,4ns with MacVidia driver is slower than my old Radeon x550 128 MB DDR2 without any patches loaded. Same resolution, same refresh rate, but when I make test with XBench results is 70 points (old test was higher). Please help :)

Card is recognized as Nvidia GeForce 7300GT, PCIe, 128MB

When I tested 7300GT on WinXP he is much faster than x550

Quite simple really:

7300GT is much newer. It has an 800 Mhz memory clock rather than 500 Mhz (X550). The memory type is GDDR2, whereas the X550 has DDR. The 7300GT uses OpenGL 2.0 where the X550 uses 1.5.

Basically, the 7300GT was made much later than the X550, and so it utilises all the new technology the X550 wasn't around for :(

What made you think the X550 was faster anyway? :)

I think you're confused. He said the 7300 is SLOWER than the x550. Which is obvious, because the macvidia driver doesnt have any OpenGL/CI/QE support. No wonder it gets worse xbench results.

EDIT: he's saying the 7300 is faster in windows xp (which is obvious), but he doesnt understand why it's faster in XP but slower in OS X.

I think you're confused. He said the 7300 is SLOWER than the x550. Which is obvious, because the macvidia driver doesnt have any OpenGL/CI/QE support. No wonder it gets worse xbench results.

EDIT: he's saying the 7300 is faster in windows xp (which is obvious), but he doesnt understand why it's faster in XP but slower in OS X.

Ohhhh, hehe, okay...

Yeah, that's due to the lack of drivers currently available. However, the MacVidia project should release a driver soon which has QE/CI supported. I don't know when they will, but they've had long enough now... :)

Quite simple really:

7300GT is much newer. It has an 800 Mhz memory clock rather than 500 Mhz (X550). The memory type is GDDR2, whereas the X550 has DDR. The 7300GT uses OpenGL 2.0 where the X550 uses 1.5.

Basically, the 7300GT was made much later than the X550, and so it utilises all the new technology the X550 wasn't around for ;)

What made you think the X550 was faster anyway? :)

I have a Palit with 1300 Mhz memory clock GDDR3

x550 was faster in XBench tests

• 1 year later...

"gwprod12 Posted Sep 26 2006, 05:09 AM

Yes, because the x550 has drivers that are fully supported."

Would you mind telling me where i can get drivers for x550? I am having a hell of a time trying to enable qe/ci. callisto doesn't work. Nothing I tried works.

Thanx

• 2 weeks later...

I need x550 drivers also. I have searched for the drivers for a long long time and gave up. I bought an NVidia 7300 GS, which worked out-of-the-box, and now I have an extra vid card.