Asus P5K Deluxe, Can we get OS x to work?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
So long story short once upon a time 4 years ago I was running OS x on this pc! Well, it never worked again... Not sure how to go about it now I had tried dozens of times and it never worked again!

The specs:

Q6600
Asus P5K Deluxe
Nvidia 275 GTX

- First question can OSX install from the IDE dvd drive? I believe its run off a j-micron chip set...
- Second question, am I looking for Lion or Mountain or a leperd install for compatibility?
- Third can some one guide me through this? I read allot of guides about making a recovery from a mac on a flash drive bla bla bla I don't have a mac!!!! I'd love to burn a DVD click install add some ketxs and be done with this! It has to be easier then it was in the old days!

I know you guys are like ugh... another n00b just Google! I have read allot of guides but none mention the IDE issues or what ISO to use ect. Thanks for taking the time to help!

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,427 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

update to the last bios for that mobo

if i are u , trying install lion, if all works , then try ML

good hack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy