Kotoeri is not working properly!

Rhapa

1 post in this topic

Hello!

I'm finally back to my headaches on Snow Leopard! I was using Windows 8 for a while (the consumer preview one) and I was not willing to have to format my hd to install mac os x all over again (I even thought I had forgotten how to work around the stuff) but here I am, with SL 10.6.8 running smooth on my old slugish machine.

Although everything's running smooth (well, almost everything) one bug is really annoying me. I'm an enthusiast and I'm trying to learn japanese, and so I do need japanase input capabilities on my computer (and I must say, windows 8 had a great input method, as good as mac os x), but my SL installation refuses to give this in a smooth method. Kotoeri works great just to input hiragana or katakana, but when I try to input kanji it doesn't run properly. When I press the spacebar once it comes up with the first kanji, okay, everything's fine, but when I hit spacebar again it gives a hiccup and then erases everything I wrote, giving me a space only where it should pop up a floating menu for me to choose which character I want.

For instance, if I want to write 人 using the pronunciation じん and not ひと I simple can't, because the first kanji to come up for じん is 陣 and if I hit the spacebar again to offer me the other choice it just lags and give me a blank space.

See the video I made to show how bad it is. Here it crashed several times (I trimmed the video to make it shorter):

http://www.youtube.com/embed/P8faHUVoFb4

Does anyone knows how to fix this up? I really couldn't find it anywhere on the internet...