Unsupported OS error while unable to install PS CS3 :(

davidm71

4 posts in this topic

Was trying to install Photoshop CS3 onto my hackintosh mountain Lion build. It failed with an error message that the OS is unsupported. On my macbook I had it installed prior to upgrading to mountain lion and it works or runs without issue, but trying to install it fresh after mountain lion is installed fails. I tried changing security settings to allow 3rd party apps to install but that didn't work. To make matters worse I accidentally installed Mountain Lion onto a case sensitive (as opposed to case insensitive) partition. Not sure how to switch the partition to case insensitive format without reinstalling or maybe doing a clone copy though its on an SSD so hate to do another OS install and excessive writes. Guessing the issue is with the CS3 installer and mountain lion. As photoshop upgrades are pricey I would appreciate if anyone has any ideas on how to get the installer working?

Thank you.

CS3 is definitely not supported in ML... Even CS5 has documented problems. Try installing with Pacifist and see if that works. Also, some apps (including all adobe software iirc) do not support case-sensitive file systems. As far as I know your only option is to erase the drive and reformat, BUT you should be able to clone it with CCC or SuperDuper, repartition as case-insensitive, and then clone it back. I dont think CCC or SuperDuper care whether the destination is case sensitive or not.