MountainLion is always rebooting

Stellair

6 posts in this topic

I did a restore with timemachine with my Lion backups on a fresh ML install and everything went smooth. I saw that no org.chameleon.Boot.plist was found in Chameleon Wizard so I created one and chose 'boot0' and after that 'boot0md' beacause I have windows7 install on another disk.

This morning I tried to log on, I receive the choices of chameleon and when I chose 'Mountain Lion' it runs in verbose and it stops and reboot endlessly.

How can I resolve it please?

I have a Gigabyte P35-DS4. The windows 7 partition runs ok but not my mountain lion install neither does my USB key ML.

Eep, doe you mean this?: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/

I cannot get into my installed ML anymore.

With this in bios I can get into W7 but not the installed ML neither does the USB stick with ML

Sata RAID/AHCI mode -> AHCI

Sata Port0-3 Native mode -> Enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Device -> Enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE ctrl Mode -> AHCI

HPET Support -> Enabled

HPET Mode -> 64-bit mode

With these options I can get into W7, USB ML but still no ML

Sata RAID/AHCI mode -> Disabled

Onboard SATA/IDE ctrl Mode -> IDE

HPET Support -> Enabled

HPET Mode -> 64-bit mode

How can I get in my installed ML and change what is needed?

Ok, I found what it was. I needed to change bios options to this

Sata RAID/AHCI mode -> AHCI

Onboard SATA/IDE ctrl Mode -> IDE

Now everything is working again. Just that I don't have dual screen on my 6870 in Mountain Lion but it works when I'm in the install menu with my usb key.

The problem is that there was no org.chameleon.boot.plist the chameleon wizard said. I went on / and there were 2 org.chameleon.boot.plist files. Also 2x boot files and 2x Extra folders with "(From old mac 2)" to the names. :worried_anim:

I think these came from my restore (Migration Assistant) with timemachine from Lion OS to Mountain Lion. I just wanted my applications and the way it worked in Lion.

Now I'm typing this from 10.8.2 (me happy), but I deleted the double boot plist file, extra folder and boot file to have one of each. I didn't do a reboot because I don't know if it will work again.

Where has to be that org.chameleon.boot.plist file exactly?