2 replies to this topic

vmwaremac

vmwaremac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello All,

I got SL 10.6.8 running on a PC with AMD Phenom II X6 1100T and VMware 8.0.2. SL image is boot using a DVD Room drawin_legacy.iso. The Kernel of the Mac is the latest legacy kernel i got it from http://www.osx86.net...el_10.8_v2.html and i also chose the force64 option.

It's running nicely with 1 Core (or 1 CPU) assigned to the Mac Guest OS. I can even connect my iphone to it via the VMware USB relay. However it is not idea as it is slow with only 1 Core.

When I assign 2 Core (or even 4 Core) to the Guest OS, I can boot it and run it with no problem. However, I will get the horrible CPU(s) have been disabled by Guest message after a few hours of running. I always leave the PC and the Guest running all the time. There is no pattern on when I will get the CPU disabled message. I therefore disabled all the screensaver or energy related features within the Guest OS but i have no luck.

I wonder anyone can shed some light into this and tell me how kind of log files I need to look at?

I tried the /var/log/system.log but nothing happened the crashing.

many thanks !

mmm, i have tried all the amd compatiable (legacy) kernel from http://www.osx86.net but still the same problem. Multiple Cores is not stable

vmwaremac

vmwaremac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
anyone? need some tips on how to 'debug' ...

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Local Moderators
  • 1,971 posts

anyone? need some tips on how to 'debug' ...

Lion on AMD CPU Phenom II X6 1100T is bullshit. that is lost time do you invest. I have tested relatively first, it is no good. It remains to Phenom II X6 only an experiment.
Throw away them {censored} CPU and buy a CPU FX8350, then you can install Lion 10.7.5 with 64-bit. And if they are modified Mountain Lion kernel for AMD, then you can install ML with 64-bit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AMD CPU Disabled, VMWARE, snow leopard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy