Acer v3-771g Mountain Lion

others111

193 posts in this topic

I have the same Laptop but i cant get even to the install screen with my usb... I would be very thankful if someone could upload its PRE and POST kexts + dsdt for this laptop.

I have the same Laptop but i cant get even to the install screen with my usb... I would be very thankful if someone could upload its PRE and POST kexts + dsdt for this laptop.

I just managed to install Mountain Lion using the Pandora's Box which you can find in the Downloads section. You need to use the elan kext for the touchpad to work, and the ps2 kexts mentioned in this thread for the keyboard to work during installation.

After the installation went fine, I had my first kernel panic with the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, to correct it, I booted from the installation USB stick again, and patched the file using the following command

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xE2\x00\x00\x00\x0F\x30|\xE2\x00\x00\x00\x90\x90|g /Volumes/OSX/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Replace OSX with the name of the partition on which your OSX will be installed

try it and see if you can boot. Remember to boot everytime with the -v option when selection your boot partition, and post any errors you may encounter or if something gets stuck

Hope this post was helpful

Hello,

I installed Mountain Lion on my Acer v3-771g and HD4000 works,but the display is not at full brightness level and I can not increment the brightness.Does anybody know how to make it brighter?

Shortcut keys do not work.

And I would like to ask if anyone experiences some issues with the touchpad on this laptop cause mine sometimes works,sometimes it does not.Sometimes when I put my finger on it,the cursor slides to the left side of the screen and I am not able to use it.I have alps touchpad unfortunately :( .

Thanks

Hey guys, I hope this is good news for us owners of an Acer V3-771g

After some research I just found this modded bios for the V3-771g, unfortunately it is not universal, as it works only with the laptops that came with Windows 7 Preinstalled

It also updates the preinstalled BIOS version to 1.12 (mine came with 1.07).

It is a zip file that can be used to flash using either DOS or Windows, I chose the Windows updater (InsydeFlash.exe). It should have the same ID on the Current BIOS and New BIOS Fields.

I have to admit that I felt reluctant to try to update my BIOS but after looking at some success stories, I decided to try it myself and voila! it works and it adds and advanced tab where we can en/disable the integrated graphics to finally get the GT-650m to work on Mountain Lion.. yay!

It has a lot more options, but sincerely I was too excited to look at all the options at that time.

For all of you willing to try every option in the BIOS this is the link

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24459764/Acer_Aspire_V3-771G_Unlocked.zip

And remember, it should NOT be used with V3-771g's that came with Windows 8 Preinstalled. Trying to use this modded BIOS on such laptops might likely brick the laptop with no chance of booting it, so be wise on this step.

Happy Hacking and I hope this will finally enable our GT-650m to work.

I have Windows 8 and Mountain Lion on v3-771g and after installing Acpi kext in ML for some unknown reason Windows 8 does not shutdown and also doesn't ennter sleep mode.I have chameleon boot loader.I want to know if the bootloader affects Windows because ever since I installed ML Windows is behaving strage.

Hi there,

haven't looked around for a while...

I'm using brightness slider from the app store (freeware) to control my brightness. Yes, the key.combinations on the keyboard are not working. I just patched the DSDT with PNLF patch. It installs the functionality to get the brightness working. Well I am now having the brightness level to full on login, but who cares :-) A better solution is the Shades.app (Freeware control panel and/or Menuitem).

I've got the ALPS Touchpad too and I use it every day. I took a few weeks of looking, but I found out that the VoodooPS2 version included in some DELL forum here (for ALPS) works very well, including swiping and two-finger-gestures. It even works with the bluetooth mouse OR a PS/2 USB mouse.

Hello,

I installed Mountain Lion on my Acer v3-771g and HD4000 works,but the display is not at full brightness level and I can not increment the brightness.Does anybody know how to make it brighter?

Shortcut keys do not work.

And I would like to ask if anyone experiences some issues with the touchpad on this laptop cause mine sometimes works,sometimes it does not.Sometimes when I put my finger on it,the cursor slides to the left side of the screen and I am not able to use it.I have alps touchpad unfortunately :( .

Thanks

Me too. The Chameleon boot loader does not interfer with the win8 partition at this level (Shutdown/sleep)... As I have the same configuration: this might be more a win problem. Except you installed OSX to the same SSD as Windows. But thus you won't be able to boot as far as I know ;-)

I have Windows 8 and Mountain Lion on v3-771g and after installing Acpi kext in ML for some unknown reason Windows 8 does not shutdown and also doesn't ennter sleep mode.I have chameleon boot loader.I want to know if the bootloader affects Windows because ever since I installed ML Windows is behaving strage.

Hey guys, I hope this is good news for us owners of an Acer V3-771g

After some research I just found this modded bios for the V3-771g, unfortunately it is not universal, as it works only with the laptops that came with Windows 7 Preinstalled

It also updates the preinstalled BIOS version to 1.12 (mine came with 1.07).

It is a zip file that can be used to flash using either DOS or Windows, I chose the Windows updater (InsydeFlash.exe). It should have the same ID on the Current BIOS and New BIOS Fields.

I have to admit that I felt reluctant to try to update my BIOS but after looking at some success stories, I decided to try it myself and voila! it works and it adds and advanced tab where we can en/disable the integrated graphics to finally get the GT-650m to work on Mountain Lion.. yay!

It has a lot more options, but sincerely I was too excited to look at all the options at that time.

For all of you willing to try every option in the BIOS this is the link

https://dl.dropboxus...1G_Unlocked.zip

And remember, it should NOT be used with V3-771g's that came with Windows 8 Preinstalled. Trying to use this modded BIOS on such laptops might likely brick the laptop with no chance of booting it, so be wise on this step.

Happy Hacking and I hope this will finally enable our GT-650m to work.

Hi,

so that sounds like my system (win7 pre installed) ... I'll try the file and enable the nvidia. Let's see what happens.

This only leaves my Problems with the Atheros 9462 WLAN card open (I think I tried every hack I know).

Good job.

Well yes I have Windows 8 and Mountain Lion on the same harddisk.Ever since I installed Mountain Lion,Windows 8 is acting a little strange,as I mentioned before the shut down and sleep issues,but I also receive a message in the action center stating the fact that there are errors on the disk and a scan is needed.I think it is related to the chameleon bootloader and the "Turn on fast startup" feature in the power settings.When I had Windows 7 there seemed to be no issues.I`ll try to look into that later.

Regarding the Bios Mod,I flashed my old laptop with an unlocked version to enable VT-x and I succeeded.Here is the thing,just to let everyone know that every laptop has a backup method to recover the bios in case it is wrong flashed or it does not work.This information will not be available in the user manuals which get shipped with the laptops package.It is called the disassembly guide.So I looked for it and found that in case a bios is flashed incorrectly,the user is supposed to do this:-put the bios files on the sd card,put the card in the laptops slot and power on the laptop while holding some specific keys from the keyboard.Then I noticed the fans started to spin at max speed and after 5-6 minutes it turned itself off.Then I pressed the power button and it was back to factory settings.

I had Acer Aspire 5738zg and the information was provided in the assembly manual which one can find it online just by googleing it.

I got the bios mod from this site bios-mods.com .

The Wi-Fi on my V3-771g does not work,however I exchanged it with the Wi-Fi from 5738zg which works out of the box and its very good,it is Atheros AR5B93.

About the brightness issue I saw that the screen turned to full brightness after I installed a kext to enable sleep.So after I installed the kext,if I put the laptop to sleep after waking it up it goes to full brightness,but I have no fn keys.Shades is not ok,because it uses a transparent layer over the image,therefore it is not it.

I got the kext for the battery which works ok,however the battery only lasts for about 1 h and 45 min,whereas in Windows I think I can get more.I wonder if this is related to the CPU,how do I know if I got all the states working, C states and P states?

I wonder if I can get the VGA port to work,that will be great,I`m looking forward to it as I`m using 2 monitor most of the time.

I have a request for Wartomato can you upload your working ALPS kext please cause I looked for a working one and I couldn`t find it,also I would like your DSDT with the brightness feature please.

Well yes I have Windows 8 and Mountain Lion on the same harddisk.Ever since I installed Mountain Lion,Windows 8 is acting a little strange,as I mentioned before the shut down and sleep issues,but I also receive a message in the action center stating the fact that there are errors on the disk and a scan is needed.I think it is related to the chameleon bootloader and the "Turn on fast startup" feature in the power settings.When I had Windows 7 there seemed to be no issues.I`ll try to look into that later.

Regarding the Bios Mod,I flashed my old laptop with an unlocked version to enable VT-x and I succeeded.Here is the thing,just to let everyone know that every laptop has a backup method to recover the bios in case it is wrong flashed or it does not work.This information will not be available in the user manuals which get shipped with the laptops package.It is called the disassembly guide.So I looked for it and found that in case a bios is flashed incorrectly,the user is supposed to do this:-put the bios files on the sd card,put the card in the laptops slot and power on the laptop while holding some specific keys from the keyboard.Then I noticed the fans started to spin at max speed and after 5-6 minutes it turned itself off.Then I pressed the power button and it was back to factory settings.

I had Acer Aspire 5738zg and the information was provided in the assembly manual which one can find it online just by googleing it.

I got the bios mod from this site bios-mods.com .

The Wi-Fi on my V3-771g does not work,however I exchanged it with the Wi-Fi from 5738zg which works out of the box and its very good,it is Atheros AR5B93.

About the brightness issue I saw that the screen turned to full brightness after I installed a kext to enable sleep.So after I installed the kext,if I put the laptop to sleep after waking it up it goes to full brightness,but I have no fn keys.Shades is not ok,because it uses a transparent layer over the image,therefore it is not it.

I got the kext for the battery which works ok,however the battery only lasts for about 1 h and 45 min,whereas in Windows I think I can get more.I wonder if this is related to the CPU,how do I know if I got all the states working, C states and P states?

I wonder if I can get the VGA port to work,that will be great,I`m looking forward to it as I`m using 2 monitor most of the time.

I have a request for Wartomato can you upload your working ALPS kext please cause I looked for a working one and I couldn`t find it,also I would like your DSDT with the brightness feature please.

Hi

I have the same brightness problem, once the computer is waking up from sleep (even if sleep doesn't work properly) the full brightness finally shows up. It would be great if wartomato could helps us on this issue.

As for the Windows behaving strangely, I have to say that the same is happening to my Windows 7. When I am using Mountain Lion for about one hour to one hour and a half, some keys stop working, more specifically, number 9 (the one over I and O), O, P, L, ', and . (point). I was scared at first because I thought it was an imminent hardware failure, but some time after, the keys started working again, and then stopped working and so on. But the real problem is that, when I boot into Windows 7, the same problem shows up, and I was unable to log in to windows because my password contained one of the non-working keys. I had to use the on-screen keyboard feature, only to find out that, after some minutes the keys start working again, and then stop working, and so on (just like in Mountain Lion)

And even stranger, is that, the less I use Mountain Lion and I start using Windows exclusively, the problem is less and less frequent (although it does not go away completely). I think this might be related to either the chameleon bootloader, or the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement unable to set correctly the P-states and C-states.

If any of you guys have been having this problem it would be great to share a solution, because I do a lot of coding and because of that, I need the keyboard working most of the time.

Also, I have the battery problem too, and I definitely think it is related to the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement unable to set correctly the P-states and C-states, I patched that file using a perl command I posted a bit ago, and so far I Have only experienced two fan speeds (with the lower fan speed running a lot faster, and the computer heating a lot more than on an 'idle state'), and this leads me to think that my AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is not correctly patched. If wartomato or someone else has a working AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement with the right number of P-states and C-states, it would be also great to share it with us who are still having trouble setting up the hackintosh.

This would be all for now, and I am also still searching for a solution to the wifi problem, I've read somewhere that since a combined wifi+bt combo does not exists in real macs, there is a low chance of ever getting this card to work, but let's hope that, the author is wrong and there is a final solution for the wifi.

Happy Hacking.

Well about windows acting strange,I can say that after disabling the "Turn On Fast Startup" feature in Windows 8, Shut Down and Restart works again.I read that Windows 8 keeps some files like it would do when hibernating.If I boot Mountain Lion with -v flag I get something like this "Windows is hibernated.Will not be able to remount.Run chdsk".What I don`t understand is if I got a separated partition for Mountain Lion,what in the world is OSX doing with the Windows partition?

Okay,... a lot of open questions and probs.

Well, I am not ML Wizard or something, but...

For the Brightness: Yes, your porblem with the FULL Brightness is a known prob in the community as far as I read it. This also happens on many other laptops. Yes, it has someting to do with the sleep mode and the restoring of the display state after that. For now I go along with the very bright display, because patching the dsdt didn't quite work out the way I want it. I could't get osx to recognize the display in the system prerefence... Anyway, with shades installed I found out, that it restores the brightness, but the brightness goes up to 100% depending on the Programm I use. I'll put it this way: Use a game that uses the graphics card up to full or fullscreen and the display will be at 100%.

For the "hibernation file" issue: Yes, I got it once myself. That doesn't have something to do with chameleon directly, because a bootloader can't boot a system correctly that is in hibernation after a shutdown.

This is partly due to the SSD, but when your notebooks "just" hibernates and does not really shut down, well you might run into problems. Thank you Bill Gates... Oh, yep, I disabled the "Fast Startup" feature as well, because I think, that booting an SSD is really fast enough. This feature is more for the newer 771G with the 2.1x UEFI BIOS and other Ultrabooks.

For the keys: What? - your keys don't work in ML after some time? - Strange. I never had these issues.

For the BIOS: I patched a day ago.. yep, it is working. I tried a few times until now to disable the hD4000, but without success. I will work on that... I ran into another thread that stated this as not possible, because the Acer NEEDS the Intel to boot and then switches. As for now, this seems to be right. I ended up with a black display for about 10 times (but loading BIOS defaults without a display made my day). Hmm, this guy in the thread might be telling the truth.

At least I find it interesting that the HD4000 compared to the GT650M is performing about two times better under win8 on my system (double fps using OpenGL tests over nvidia).

I tested this four times with the same result.

Strangely the HD4000 on ML performs two times faster than on win8 using in-game-fps-test (fps is two times higher). I am really thinking about leaving the nvidia behind at the moment, but we'll see.

For the powermamagement: Aha, on my machine the Battery doesn't really last longer on Win8 than on ML.

I know about the "could not generate p-states" thing in chameleon, but since last week I am using a different approach. I found a script (origanally by the decesaed revogirl) that helps out quite well:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm.html

Just follow the instructions, pass 3300 (for the Mhz of our CPU) and you get a SSDT-PR.aml generated. Rename to SSDT.aml, copy in Extra folder, disable Generate P-/C-States in boot.plist and activate "drop SSDT". Viola. check bdmesg for the results and the temperature of my CPU dropped.

The CPU Clock always only displays 1.19 or 2.3 Ghz and a multiplier of 12x or 23x in HWSensors by kozlek, but my battery lasts as long as on Win8. (Oh, yes you still need the patched AppleCPUPowermanagement).

Last thing: Well, I never tested out the VGA-Port, but my HDMI-Port is working ;-)

wartomato

In the kexts section I see only the Elan Touchpad kext uploaded by iFire which does not work.Am I looking somewhere else?

Also did anyone solve the clock/time issue ? Windows is left behind 3-4 hours after boot,after using Mountain Lion

My laptop frezees a lot when I run YouTube or other apps which use the grafic card.Does anyone else experience this?

this is the device id which I use to make HD4000 work in Chameleon

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>7f0000000100000001000000730000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000004006601140000006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e626f6172642d31</string>

the kexts with multitouch for alps finally appeared in the Downloads sections,but it does not work for me.If I boot with -v flag it I get failed to load the kext and error and it doesn`t boot the system either.Also said something about duplicated class

4/17/13 9:13:25.304 PM powerd[17]: FIXME: IOUnserialize has detected a string that is not valid UTF-8, "�+��������P���������b".

Is this the reason why my system freezes in ML?

got this from console,please help

I did the following test,I booted up my laptop TWICE with only 4gb ram in a single slot and then I oppened in chrome 17 news tabs and a youtube video and it froze in 15-17 seconds both times.Then I put my others 2gb ram along with the 4 gb ram and did the same and did not get any freeze.

During my this test I thought the issue was because of my ram cause one works at 1600mhz and the other one lower,anyway this was not the issue,but I noticed in activity monitor that the freezing occurs when free ram memory is below 800 MB.

Could this be the issue?Any ideas ? Please !!!

Does anyone experience this ? @wartomato what`s up?did you experience this ?please answer

The freezing usually happens in YouTube,any ideas?Where should I look for answers?

Hi there,

sorry, but someone over here had to earn some money by going to work :-)

Well, I think I forgot some important Thing last time: I am using the MBP 8,3 SMBIOS, because thus it gives me about 7 P-states (1200 to 3050 MHz), while the "better" SMBIOSes 9,1 or 10,1 only would get me 2 P-States (1200 and 2300 MHz).

@iClock: Hmm, I've got 16 GB installed and everything is running fine as far as I can test it under Linux, Win and OSX. My "old" PC knowledge is that you should NEVER EVER mix RAM speeds.

All of my RAM chips are running aat 1333 MHz (and they came preconfigured by Acer this way...)

I hope this helps. I have currently 20 windows open to emulate your Prob, but everything is fine here (exept that I am hearing 19 voices from YouTube videos, which is strange.)

The "No Interval found for . ..." is an error that is also on my system, but didn't effect it in any way. The "FIXME"-error is one that I never saw before. Might be caused by some Kernel Extension on your system.

Hi wartomato,

I reinstalled Mountain Lion after testing which kexts work best and my system is running fine now.I tested it,opened a lot of tabs and it seems to be stable.Probably there was an incompatible kext cause I installed a lot of them for testing purposes.The console does not print the message with FIXME... nomore,I assume that was the issue.

I am not using any smbios,but would like to put mbp 9,2 or 9,1 to see if my cpu speed goes more than 2,49 GHZ.I would like to ask you how do you know how many P states and C states ML sees? I use HWmonitor with FAKEsmc and plugins to view temperature and others.

Regarding the voodooPS2 you uploaded.I installed it and yes I got 2 finger scrolling but the pointer does not move very smooth.If I want to move the pointer fast from one edge of the screen to the opposite ,it moves sluggish and if I move the cursor at normal speed it works ok.However, in Windows it works best.I think the sensitivity is set to high on ML in the kext.I had to grab the ALPSmultitouch.kext from the kext which you uploaded in order to make it work cause if I install the whole kext with trackpad and keyboard system gave errors something like "duplicate kext" in the console and the system did not boot to the welcome screen.I moved the ApplePS2 kext from Extra/Extension but the issue persisted so I just installed ALPSmultitouch.kext from within the kext you uploaded.

How does your Audio work?Mine works ok,but sometimes it sounds like on the radio when not choosing the right FM frequency.I use voodooHD or something like it.Mic works only on the port if I plug external mic in the jack,the embedded mic in the screen does not work.

How about the screen brightness?I patched my DSDT with PNLF_SB,DTGP and FN KEYS from olaria site in the patches section.FN keys work:),but screen brightness is not at maximum when booting OS X only after I wake my laptop from sleep it goes to full brightness.Therefore I have to put it to sleep and then wake it up to reach full brightness.I tried to patch DSDT values but 0x64 is the maximum,which to me it means that it is a kext issue.Can you reach full brightness without sleep?

When I shut down,sometimes instead of the spinning wheel I see black text with messages like com.apple.monitor shutdown as far as I remember,is there a fix for that?

Also iMessage does not work,cause I need Clover bootloader to inject some string to make it get recognized like a genuine mac book on Apples servers.I wonder if there is a Chameleon version of this.

:)

Oh and I forgot to say that my screen flickers in Chrome on some pages,it`s like instead of having 60 hz it has 30 or 40.But it is set to 60hz in the Display from System Preferences.Is yours the same?

Hi wartomato,

I reinstalled Mountain Lion after testing which kexts work best and my system is running fine now.I tested it,opened a lot of tabs and it seems to be stable.Probably there was an incompatible kext cause I installed a lot of them for testing purposes.The console does not print the message with FIXME... nomore,I assume that was the issue.

I am not using any smbios,but would like to put mbp 9,2 or 9,1 to see if my cpu speed goes more than 2,49 GHZ.I would like to ask you how do you know how many P states and C states ML sees? I use HWmonitor with FAKEsmc and plugins to view temperature and others.

Regarding the voodooPS2 you uploaded.I installed it and yes I got 2 finger scrolling but the pointer does not move very smooth.If I want to move the pointer fast from one edge of the screen to the opposite ,it moves sluggish and if I move the cursor at normal speed it works ok.However, in Windows it works best.I think the sensitivity is set to high on ML in the kext.I had to grab the ALPSmultitouch.kext from the kext which you uploaded in order to make it work cause if I install the whole kext with trackpad and keyboard system gave errors something like "duplicate kext" in the console and the system did not boot to the welcome screen.I moved the ApplePS2 kext from Extra/Extension but the issue persisted so I just installed ALPSmultitouch.kext from within the kext you uploaded.

How does your Audio work?Mine works ok,but sometimes it sounds like on the radio when not choosing the right FM frequency.I use voodooHD or something like it.Mic works only on the port if I plug external mic in the jack,the embedded mic in the screen does not work.

How about the screen brightness?I patched my DSDT with PNLF_SB,DTGP and FN KEYS from olaria site in the patches section.FN keys work:),but screen brightness is not at maximum when booting OS X only after I wake my laptop from sleep it goes to full brightness.Therefore I have to put it to sleep and then wake it up to reach full brightness.I tried to patch DSDT values but 0x64 is the maximum,which to me it means that it is a kext issue.Can you reach full brightness without sleep?

When I shut down,sometimes instead of the spinning wheel I see black text with messages like com.apple.monitor shutdown as far as I remember,is there a fix for that?

Also iMessage does not work,cause I need Clover bootloader to inject some string to make it get recognized like a genuine mac book on Apples servers.I wonder if there is a Chameleon version of this.

:)

Oh and I forgot to say that my screen flickers in Chrome on some pages,it`s like instead of having 60 hz it has 30 or 40.But it is set to 60hz in the Display from System Preferences.Is yours the same?

Hi there,

okay, I think yu have/had some issues here from the beginning.

I try to explain some things:

- I have got NO System Extension in Extra/Extensions. There is no necessarity for this.

- Yep, you are right. You should ajust your settings for the trackpad in the System preference, because mine works okay here.

- No, I don't use clover and I do not have to inject some thing with it. I DO inject some things in Chameleon (see some posting of mine before for device-properties).

- I only don't see the spinning wheel when shutting down, when I used the "-v" (verbose boot) feature of the boot loader. So this might be a clover issue.

- I installed on a MBR partition and not on GPT.

- ALL voodoo Extension on my machine are in S/L/E. Make sure that you do not have any ApplePS2 (old) extensions installed in S/L/E OR E/E. There is no need to copy something, but some installations like AITKOS or MyHack install Extensions on their own during install (i.e. MyHack has extensions IN the Kext itself, so just delete them, etc.)

- For Speedstep: Here are my P-States: "AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 12 14 17 20 22 23 31 ]". still need to examine, why I cannot reach Step 33 (or 3300 MHz). As far as I know the "Unknown... using 800000) thing means the lowest CPU -state (800 MHz), which is overwritten after that.

- I inject the HD4000 and the Nvidia as device String in chameleon.boot.plist, because the system will otherwise be at 100% brightness all the time and I will not have any accelleration. And as I stated some posts before: Yeah, My brightness is up at 100% after sleep too! I am using "Brightness Slider" from the AppStore to change this.

- iMessage and Facetime, etc. are working. You must enable - at least in Chameleon - the "Ethernet Built in"-Flag.

- For Sound I am using the 2.8.2 Version of VoodooHDA. Works fine, no probs at all. I have in Chameleon enabled the "Force HPET"-flag on and thats all.

- Yep I also have Kozleks HWSensors installed to view a few things... and I can display my P-States. Let me put it this way: Using SMBIOS for MBP9,1 get me only 2 P-States. Using the wrong and old MBP8,3 SMBIOS I get the 7 States (up to 3100 MHz).

I think there is no need to upload the DSDT. If you compiled yours and got the "4 Remarks, 0 Errors, 76 Optmizations" this should be okay. the SSDT is generated for your SMBIOS. I am currently using mpb8,3, so I generated it with the script from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm.html

I patched the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext with AICPMPatch from here: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1003&start=80.

Although I think that it is not necessary, when using SSDT, but who knows.

At the end it seems, that you are on a good way. Just mess around as little as possible. Inject in your Bootloader, install all extensions in S/L/E, generate your SSDT and allmost everything should workout fine.

Have a nice weekend ;-)

So anyone willing to make a guide once this gets close to working. From what I have read so far most of the basic things are working except wifi and the GT 650m. I won't try installing this until I purchase a separate hard drive/ssd so hopefully there is much more progress between now and then.

Anyone have the same specs as my 771G?

i7 3632QM

GT 650M DDR3 2GB

Ok Warmato for enable my nvidia gt650m 2 giga, i need to flash bios with modded 1.12?....if yes can i install in my system who have 2.16 bios and windows 8?

... have a kext for sd card?

...tomorrow to reinstall ml

ok i have install bios 2.18 ...and know exist a method for downgrade bios?....and my question is the modded bios 1.12 is only solution for work nvidia gt 650?...thanks

ATTENTION:

There is only one methos to get the UEFI Bios on an EFI delivered machine, but that is not your system.

hendelstudio2008 please do NOT downgrade or install the bios 1.12 on your system.

I hae done it on mine (older machine, i7 3615QM) and you have a newer machine with a different BIOS chip and probably other Boot method.

My GT650M is still not functioning correctly. My System "sees" the Nvidia and tries to enable it, but the display setting is still not right. The system has to disable the HD4000 or the internal LED display and use the nvidia, which is currently not working.

Ok Warmato for enable my nvidia gt650m 2 giga, i need to flash bios with modded 1.12?....if yes can i install in my system who have 2.16 bios and windows 8?

... have a kext for sd card?

...tomorrow to reinstall ml

ok i have install bios 2.18 ...and know exist a method for downgrade bios?....and my question is the modded bios 1.12 is only solution for work nvidia gt 650?...thanks

Well, I think I could make a guide, but the systems are quite different and only the "main" features like the Nvidia are the same. Some machines have ALPS Touchpads, other ELAN.

But yes, currently Wifi and the Nvidia do not work (like on thousands of other machines.

Just for the record: Didn't wait or an extra HD either before the install. Made partition on the HD. The Bootloader is on the Mc partition, so Win doesn't see it. Works with and without Chameleon bootloader for Win8. Funny thing is, that I installed a second SSD (yes, we have an internal mSASTA slot in our machine...) which is working fine. Copied ML on it and of I go. Now I use the HDD partition for backup and the bootloader. It has to remain on the HDD, becuse the BIOS does not display the SSD in the "Startup Manager" list of the BIOS (via F12), but that's no prob.

What I wanted to say: Give it a try. You just need a partition.

So anyone willing to make a guide once this gets close to working. From what I have read so far most of the basic things are working except wifi and the GT 650m. I won't try installing this until I purchase a separate hard drive/ssd so hopefully there is much more progress between now and then.

Anyone have the same specs as my 771G?

i7 3632QM

GT 650M DDR3 2GB

So, I think I'll go on searching - installing - coding - etc.