Acer v3-771g Mountain Lion

others111

193 posts in this topic

hello ,

Did anyone successfully install Mountain Lion on Acer v3-771g ? I managed to install it but I can not boot into the OS unless I use -x option.My system hangs at "DSMOS has arrived" I installed FakeSMC.kext the latest version,but issue is still there.Let this post be the guide to anyone who managed to successfully install it on this machine.

My specs are:i5-3210m ,4GB Ram,Nvidia 650m,750GB HDD,Full HD display

Thank you

post-950698-0-05612400-1353045582_thumb.jpg

I managed to boot it ,I had to put PS2 kext in it for the touchpad and keyboard cause otherwise they would not be detected.I got full HD4000 quartz acceleration 1920x1080 full HD just by adding the custom made by myself org.chameleon.Boot.plist(listed below) in the Extra folder.The Extra folder should be created on the root of the HDD.

I managed to pass the "DSMOS has arrived" by deleting the NVidia kexts from System/Library/extensions,which are

NVDAGF100hal.kext,

NVDAGK100hal.kext,

NVDANV50Hal.kext,

NVDAResman,

NVSMU.kext

I listed kexts below.Feel free to try.Till now HD4000 work flawless,things which need to be solved are:

-Bluetooth

-audio

-card reader

-nvidia 650m

-Wi-FI

-gestures on touchpad

-brightness on screen

-battery

-webcam works OOTB,but it is too dark

-sleep mode

ISSUE:Cause I am not allowed to upload the file "org.chameleon.Boot.plist",just rename the file NEW.txt with "org.chameleon.Boot.plist"

PS2 kexts.zip

New.txt

What else works: Audio -voodoo

keyboard+touchpad with ALPS driver and PrefPanel

battery

sleep mode

Kexts below

So far:

-Bluetooth

-audio

-card reader

-nvidia 650m

-fullhd4000 QE

-Wi-FI

-touchpad

-keyboard shortcuts for screen brightness

-battery

-webcam

-sleep

Please help make Wi-Fi work(atheros ar5bwb222),tried every kext but did not succeed,thank you

I was wondering if anyone is reading this topic and I would like to know if my Acer Aspire V3-771g is safe for work using these kexts,could this brick my laptop?Is there something else which need to be installed like power management kexxts?what is nullPowerManagement and FakeSMC?I read that this are mandatory or else you could not boot,but I did not install any of those and I got no issue.

OtherWorkingKexts.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

stop wondering... yes, i am following your topic.

I got myself a V3-771G, but with i7, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 650M, 1TB HD + 120GB SSD.

I figured out the same things as you did and can add the following:

1. HD4000 works here too with full acceleration. Yep, I used a device string in the Chameleon Boot plist myself (used the 0166 0004, because nothing else was working). The HD4000 is (strangely) reported as 0009 in System Info, but who cares.

2. System is currently 10.8.2 with Smbios for a Macbook pro 9,1 (might differ, because of the processor i7-3615QM)

3. Got it dual booting and installed on the HD using Chameleon 2.2-2140 (at the moment)

4. Got my Sound working by using VoodooHDA 2.7.4. It coexists with AppleHDA, so I did not delete the kext.

5. Got the LAN working by using the ALX Extension that is now part of MultiBiest.

6. I have 2 of the 4 USB Ports working (USB 2.0) out of the Box. The USB 3.0 (Intel Controller) are not working. System Info reports them as "Superspeed Bus", but the ports don't recognize a thing.

7. I installed VoodooSDHC.kext and modded it to fit the Vendor id and subsystem-id of the builtin PCI-Card REader (Realtek). It boots fine and finds the reader, but - like the USB 3.0 ports - doesn't mount an inserted card.

8. The SSD an HS are working fine. All partitions are recognized (using TUXERA NTFS). The SSD works an TRIM support is enabled with the Chameleon TRIM Enabler Prog.

9. Audio is working, even over HDMI. I had to enable the "Force HDMI Audio" Option in Chameleon.

10. Sleep works.

11. Yes: I have NullCPUManagement installed from ###### and FakeSMC from Kozleks Github (I believe this is also now part of MBeast). It IS essential and working fine with no errors at all.

12. I am using VoodooBattery for the Battery, with is also working fine.

13. I recompiled the DSDT, because - like many others said - the Bios from Acer is quite, well Let's say, unorganized. I had 4 Errors that were fixed and a few things fixed by patches using the DSDT-Editor.

14. No, I think we won't get the GT650M to work with 10.8 out of the box. I Tried myself a hundred times, but as long as we cannot switch the Intel HD4000 of in BIOS... it will not work. The Optimus switching tech by nvidia differs form the one Apple uses. My Nvidia can be made recognizable to the system, but that is all. We have to stick with the Intel. I tried to Dump the Bios and inject it into Chameleon, but this cannot be done so easily. My Dump is not recognized correctly and I didn't want to dump it again by using a USB Stick for Win in 32Bit mode, etc.

15. I got the touchpad, keyboard and Mouse working by using the VoodooPS2 with Multitouch from InsanelyMac. There are other kexts, but with these my Trackpad only worked like PS2-Mouse with no Multitouch and was not recognized by the Touchpad Control Panel. It still isn't perfect and needed some fumbling in the info.plist, but working.

16. My Bluetooth worked out of the box. I am using a Bluetooth mouse, so this was essential for me. It just is not working all of the time. because it can only be managed in Win. So booting Win and enabling it, solves the problem most of the time. You just can not en-/disable it in OSX. This would need DSDT hacking or some Keyboard kext that supports the blue Fn-Keys.

17. As of writing, I am working on the Brightness using DSDT Hacks. There is an easy way without it. Just install an old Prefpane called "Shades". You will then be able to control the Brightness using an Menu or on screen slider.

18. Oh, I forgot. You do not have to disable all Nvidia extensions. Just uninstall the GeForce.kext, that is all. If you leave all other kexts in S/L/E the system will recognize the card (not as an GT650M or with 0MB RAM), but it is recognized and just not working (see 14.). By the way, the boot error after DSMOS arrived merely emerges from not having installed NullCPUManagement and the existance of the Geforce.kext. Sometimes you can get past the error, when using a quite new version of Chameleon, which mods the Powermanagement and CPU errors while booting by itself.

19. Webcam. Yes, it worked out of the box and is quit darkish. At least in the evening. At daylight it is working quite all right. I am not sure if installing the "Glasses" driver might help. Perhaps I will test this some time.

20. Wifi. Yeah, the biggest problem... Well, it is not working here either. I am using my good old USB Stick with am RT2870 Chipset. Many say, that you should change the PCI card, but I think I won't do that by now. My card has a Atheros 9462 (ARBWB222) chipset, that is just not recognized. I inserted the IDs in IO80211.kext and also tried all kext, modded them, modded the DSDT, but it didn't help. I ended up, that the Hardware was recognized by the system, but the Airport driver just didn't want to see the card.

Never mind. Just use an USB dongle or change your PCI card. Most of the time I am hearing that a 9285 Card is cheap and working fine out of the box.

21. Oh, almost forgot that I just deleted the 3 extensions that MyHack recomments: Apple PolicyControl, AppleTyMCEDriver and AppleUpStreamUserClient.

Well, that is all that I can say by now. Hope it helps.

Hello Wartomato!

For your Bluetooth working as native you have to edit the the correct entry in info.plist with your ProductID and VendorID in for example BroadcomBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport.kext . The plugin of IOBluetoothFamily.kext must match your Bluetooth chip vendor. I think in your case, it must be Broadcom. After edit you should be able to switch bluetooth on or off in the menu. No DSDT.aml edit is for this needed.

I have read your post. Be warned to switch eventually the HD 4000 in a moded Bios completly off. Optimus uses the framebuffer of HD 4000 for display output. To switch off the HD 4000 would mean, that you do not have any gfx output. If there is no posibility to set the bios to default settings without booting into bios your device is broken and you have to send it back to factory for service at your own costs.

Have fun.

Hi styrian,

okay. I'll test the Bluetooth thingy that you insisted. I think it might work, but I am quite happy without it as I'm using a wireless apple mouse. So I need the bluetooth turned on anyway.

The vendor is now labeled "unknown" and the device-id is 3006. I know that this is a combo card with wifi+bt and the vendor semms to be LiteOn with a DebiCom (?) chip on it.

For the HD4000: I am aware of the problem and I would like the bios function. But currently allmost everyone I know just wants to turn the nvidia on at startup and wants it to be recognized. Perhaps Clover might do the trick or sometime Chameleon will let me enable it.

The system already tries to enable it, but the system log says that the "display" could not be initialised. Perhaps the HD4000 already owns it...

Thnxs anyway.

Hello Wartomato!

For your Bluetooth working as native you have to edit the the correct entry in info.plist with your ProductID and VendorID in for example BroadcomBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport.kext . The plugin of IOBluetoothFamily.kext must match your Bluetooth chip vendor. I think in your case, it must be Broadcom. After edit you should be able to switch bluetooth on or off in the menu. No DSDT.aml edit is for this needed.

I have read your post. Be warned to switch eventually the HD 4000 in a moded Bios completly off. Optimus uses the framebuffer of HD 4000 for display output. To switch off the HD 4000 would mean, that you do not have any gfx output. If there is no posibility to set the bios to default settings without booting into bios your device is broken and you have to send it back to factory for service at your own costs.

Have fun.

Hi,

I tried both and discovered that I had to use "#####". I modded the installer with the mbr OSInstall.pkg'es and it worked. Problem with MyHack was that the installer didn't recognize a PS2 Mouse nor Trackpad OR Keyboard.

I hope this helps...

Hey, I just got a Acer v3-571g (just lower cpu spec really), and I can't get the usb installation to start for the life of me! I keep getting 'waiting for root device' and it's just a right royal PAIN. It would be nice if you may be able to help or something?
I used myHack to make the installation USB? Is this fine or should I have had used ######?
I did get the pc to start at one point, but the trackpad just wouldn't work, and I forgot the boot strings I used :wallbash:
Thanks,
sometin1

Hey, I just got a Acer v3-571g (just lower cpu spec really), and I can't get the usb installation to start for the life of me! I keep getting 'waiting for root device' and it's just a right royal PAIN. It would be nice if you may be able to help or something?

I used myHack to make the installation USB? Is this fine or should I have had used ######?

I did get the pc to start http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-mountain-lion-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/at'>http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-mountain-lion-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/at one point, but the trackpad just wouldn't work, and I forgot the boot strings I used :wallbash:

Thanks,

sometin1

Try it with this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-mountain-lion-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

The ways, you have used til to this point, harm the system. Some things are very hard to correct, because of they are partial scripted and hidden on the boot device. Many things happen unasked. Many kexts are outdated and not necessary to do an correct install on sandy- or ivybridge laptops.

If you want to use your keyboard and mouse for install, you just have to install the ps2 kexts to your install device an repair permissions of the device. This might work in most cases.

Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends....i buy new acer Aspire V3 771g with i7-3630QM (2.40 GHz) with 16 giga ram ...i have big problem:

I download the Iatkos L2 and Iatkos Ml2 but i have same problem.....when boot on DVD the latop crash and i need to force shtdown....with 2 disto L2 and ML2

(in my old computer L2 DVD work perfect)....any IDEA?

Hi friends....i buy new acer Aspire V3 771g with i7-3630QM (2.40 GHz) with 16 giga ram ...i have big problem:

I download the Iatkos L2 and Iatkos Ml2 but i have same problem.....when boot on DVD the latop crash and i need to force shtdown....with 2 disto L2 and ML2

(in my old computer L2 DVD work perfect)....any IDEA?

Well, since I installed via USB-Stick... hmmm... does it "say" anything on the screen or just nothing? - Usually there's something on screen. It would help to identify WHY the crash happens.

Ups, I checked the website and saw a lot of options for the installer. Question: Did you get to the installer or does the crash happen before that?

If it happens before: Boot via USB stick with for example Chimera. It patches much to boot the system (even a regular copy).

As far as I can see Iatkos ML2 tries to boot with some "not so good" extensions and a wrong smbios.

Hope this helps for now.

Hi Thanks, no when boot crash after press F8 for option and i need force shutdown...if wait the contdown, always crash....i load quit latest Chimera but when insert ML or L2 DVD crash and i need force shut down....i don't know wy :(

Please can you create an ISO for boot my PC...thanks for ALL....i have ML2 and Mountain Lion DVD Original

Oks Friends...this is my work

...in my acer v3 771g with i7 3630Qm work:

audio with no mic

BlueTooth work suppose :) Native

Keyboard but not mouse touchpad

Usb3 rsee but not working

i have problem with my video card Geforce GT 650M with 2 giga ram

and with wireless Atheros AR5BWB222

with USB3.0 Intel

...any news?

Hi,

well I have the same probs with the GT650M - which will supposivly never function correctly, because we can't change the card in Bios and Mac OSX doesn't support optimus switching... I live with it for some months now.

WLAN - I can't get it to work either, but we never know what the future brings. Right noe I am using n external USB stick that is working well.

Sound - I installed VoodooHDA 2.80 64 bit and it is working very well. Microphone works...

USB 3.0 - I have got the same Probs (only 2 Ports working - no USB 3.0, but it is diaplayed in System Information... strange)

Since my last posts I changed two things:

I installed a patched "AppleIntelCPUManagement" Extension, so I could delete the NullCPUManagement Extension.

I installed a ATK30 Firmware loader Extenesion from OSX86 net. It loads the Bluetooth Firmware on Boot. The Problemm was, that you had to boot in Win first for Bluetooth to be enabled and I hadn't had an option to enable or disable LAN and Bluetooth. That is now fixed. I can use the "Fn + F3" combination although you won't see a confirmation on screen, but it works.

Oh, I forgot... I had issues with the Trackpad and found a "AlpsMultitouch" Extension for VoodooPS2 in an forum right here. It was made for a Dell Inspirion and support two-finger Scrolling.

So for your questions: first boot win and then Macos for Bluetooth or install the extension from OSX86. For wireless: there is no solution right now. I tried DSDT patching, KEXT patching and it won't work.

I find the USB 3.0 problem much more important...

So Long...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.
My friend have almost same laptop..
v3-771g
CPU: i5-3210M 2.5 GHz
GFX: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M (+ Intel HD 4000)
RAM: 6 GB (2GB + 4GB)

Which distribution you use? Retail or hackintosh?
I has try 10.8.2 retail with EasyEfi and another loaders - no success.

We have no ability to make loader with #####..

Can you provide some useful info about distribution and may be help me with loader use this tool:
http://www.osx86.net...in_windows.html

Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

well as far as I know, there is not a modded BIOS for our little Notebook...

The latest BIOS on the Acer site is the new UEFI BIOS, that is not compatible with my machine. So I am using the good old EFI BIOS 1.12.

As long as your machine wasn't delivered with the UEFI Bios, it just won't work. Flashing this BIOS will definitly crash the computer and will left you without a chance of flashing back the BIOS.

So: I tried booting with the nvidia GT650M on, but it leaves me with a black screen. I guess a EFI-string in the chameleon plist could make a change, but really I was too lazy to try so far.

For me the Bluetooth working (with switching on/off) is great and I am still searching forums for a solution to the Atheros WLAN. Damn, I read that I should have worked with LION or SL... The Cardreader is my second thingy to look for and at last (the most important thing for me) get the USB3.0 ports working. Hell, I just don't know why they just do not work.

So... I still working on it.

oks for wireless i chenge the card wth 9285...and working great but i haven't blutooth....now wait for gt 650 :) ...thanks for all...i have problem with one that 2 usb 2.0

only one working :( the usb 3 work only low voltage pheripheral :) but i know that the problem is in the 10.8.2 and mountain lion ....excuseme for my english i'm italian :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

now, I have got some news.

Well, for the GT650M... I managed to get it recognized correktly by the System by using a device String in the boot.plist from chameleon. It doesn't work though, but I think at the moment the only thing we can do is disable the Optimus feature in the dsdt for the Nvidia to work. I do not want to do this, but maybe I will try.

For the USB 3.0: I installed a Extension today from OSX86 Downloads called "GenericUSBXHCI 1.1.4" and guess what. After a Restart the two ports are working fine (Tested with USB 3.0 Stick and USB 3.0 HDD). Yeah!

Hope this helps.

and sorry for my bad English, but I'm german ,-)

hi

not right now.. I am still reading the posts on how to disable Optimus in DSDT to enable the nvidia and back. Some guys made it by making 2 DSDT.aml which are switched by a script to enable either the Intel HD4000 or the Nvidia. The Intel seems to consume less battery power, which is not that important for me, because I usually don't run around with the notebook.

I'll post again, if either the nvidia or the PCI card reader is working... (and of cause the Atheros WLAN).

Oh, for your WLAN 9285: Did you use the earlier mentioned OIatk3frmwr.kext? - This thing loads the Atheros 3xxx Firmware for the Bluetooth module and works with the installed card. It should work with yours too, so you will have bluetooth...

Ups, i forgot: my device string from chameleon.boot.plist for the Intel AND the Nvidia combined, so they are displayed right in System Information:

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>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</string>

I know it is long, but work here on my machine with a mbp9,1 or mbp10,1 smbios. If you want I can also post the "normal" plist files, if you want to edit these.

• Like 1