Hello insanely mac users!
after 4 years of high times i need to move on with my old Hackintosh (lovely q9550)
So i have outlined few scenarious from my daily work, and this is the constraints i should respect.
Budget is not a problem, but i honesty don't need the super duper 30000+ geekbenchmark start.
- have a Gigabyte motherboard (find myself happy of that on the previous one, it's easy to find in my local dealers)
- sleep working
- 16gb of ram
My random ideas on it:
- i'm not a ssd-hype fan, but if it's easy to realize i'd love to try the caching ssd system (128gb should be enought). I don't understand at all if the caching on ssd can be realize automaticly (as the fusion drive) or must be a way of use (os and working file on ssd, everything else on the second hd).
- i DON'T need a hi-level graphic card. I do 2d only, and when it turns to 3d my actual 9800gt is pretty enough. I'm not even a gamer. Photoshop takes advance of the graphic card for filters and zoom operations. A middle range graphic card should be ok.
- i would focus on finding out the right combination of cpu-bus speed-ram clock.
- i'd like to get into a future upgradable architecture. When i built my old quad machine i did the mistakes of choosing quad instead of i7 architecture. and it blocked me in future upgrade.
- connection goes on lan. No bluetooth/wifi/etc
- i would love to have audio available both on the back and frontal of the case. (read all the audio output of the motherboard should works)
- i do really need a stable configuration rather than an high performance one.
Looking forward to your suggestions
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users