Windows 8 Hypervisor and OS X? Possible?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Finster

Finster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been googling all over the place and searching around in here, but it seems like no one has tried playing around with the new Hyper-V features that are built into Windows 8 Pro. I'm curious if that is a bridge to nowhere, or if it would ever be possible to get Mac OS X running under Windows 8 this way? Normally, I'd just crack on and try it out, but it seems that most (or all) of the hackintosh Mac OS X images out there are built to run under Vmware.

Nemes

Nemes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hyper-V requires support from the guest OS itself. Unless Apple has a sudden change of heart here, don't expect it to work any time soon.

Exotic Hadron

Exotic Hadron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Has anyone of you just tried to convert any of the available VMDKs for VMware to VHD and boot from them in Hyper-V? I've tried that but all to no avail. All I see is a blinking cursor like the boot code wasn't able to start the boot loader.

The primary partition on that Hyper-V machine is EFI-enabled. Isn't it enough, I wonder? Any clue on how I could trace what's going on? It's 10.5.7 on Hyper-V 3.x.

Cheers.

MSoK

MSoK

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

In a word no, Hyper-V has no support for OS X.

Exotic Hadron

Exotic Hadron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

In a word no, Hyper-V has no support for OS X.

Thanks, MSoK.

Bad news. Could you elaborate further, what's the culprit? Is it because Darwin has no native Hyper-V support?

sebus

sebus

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
What you do not understand?

Hyper-V does NOT support Mac OS X, same as it does not support most of Linux distros, or NetWare or few others that work perfectly fine on Vmware

Lets try again - Hyper-V does NOT support Mac OS X, imagine like you could not run Windows on Amiga (Amiga does not support Windows)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy