Windows 8 Hypervisor and OS X? Possible?

6 posts in this topic

I've been googling all over the place and searching around in here, but it seems like no one has tried playing around with the new Hyper-V features that are built into Windows 8 Pro. I'm curious if that is a bridge to nowhere, or if it would ever be possible to get Mac OS X running under Windows 8 this way? Normally, I'd just crack on and try it out, but it seems that most (or all) of the hackintosh Mac OS X images out there are built to run under Vmware.

• 10 months later...

Has anyone of you just tried to convert any of the available VMDKs for VMware to VHD and boot from them in Hyper-V? I've tried that but all to no avail. All I see is a blinking cursor like the boot code wasn't able to start the boot loader.

The primary partition on that Hyper-V machine is EFI-enabled. Isn't it enough, I wonder? Any clue on how I could trace what's going on? It's 10.5.7 on Hyper-V 3.x.

Cheers.

What you do not understand?

Hyper-V does NOT support Mac OS X, same as it does not support most of Linux distros, or NetWare or few others that work perfectly fine on Vmware

Lets try again - Hyper-V does NOT support Mac OS X, imagine like you could not run Windows on Amiga (Amiga does not support Windows)

• Like 1