Mountain Lion (10.8.2) Niresh12495 on Fujitsu AH530/GFX (ATI 550v Mobility & Core i3)

Nemorosus

8 posts in this topic

post-511426-0-60645000-1352634827_thumb.png

This will be a complete tutorial on how to install Mountain Lion on a Fujitsu AH530/GFX laptop (one that comes with ATI Mobility 550v - 4650HD with 1GB and Core i3).

Basically this will work on every Fujitsu AH530, because of the same components. I got the sound, video card (native resolution only for now), wifi and ethernet to work. The webcam and bluetooth works natively! For now, i haven't made the battery to work, but because mine lasts really short, i always have my laptop plugged in. If you want you can try some universal battery kexts and try them.

So the whole installation is a very simple process, and overall it would take around 1 to 2 hours, depending on the laptop power you have. I got it working from the first installation. We'll use Niresh12495 distribution, because it is easier, and just plain faster. Plus i didn't have a USB drive to make it bootable, at least not bigger than 1GB. I think every install will work very fine, but i needed a fast re-install of my creepy and slow Windows, and the Niresh12495 torrent was downloading so fast!

So we'll begin by examining your hardware on the laptop. The newer Fujitsu AH530/GFX come with NVIDIA graphics, but i am not familiar with those, so you would have to make the graphics card work on your own.

Start by downloading some image burning software like ImgBurn, or some equivalent. There are burning software for every operating systems, so that won't be a problem if you're running Windows, or Linux. In matter of fact you can run ImgBurn on Wine if you want to! Okay so after you do this, download Niresh12495 10.8 Distribution. Find it on Google, you can find it easy!

So after downloading it, burn it with the image burning software to your DVD. Than restart the laptop and press F12 while the Fujitsu logo shows. Select the CD, and wait for it to read it and press F8 when the Chameleon shows up. Than you must type pciroot=1 because otherwise the system will hang and you'll be stuck at the Apple spinning wheel of death, lol. So until the installation shows, you'll have to wait around 15 mins. Don't worry. It is slow, but it works. So after some time the mouse arrow will appear and you can start the installation.

Go to Utilities and choose Disk Utility. // Look a for tutorial how to do dual-boot with Windows, Linux or other OS and how to format and work with Disk Utility. This is just how to get the Fujitsu AH530/GFX to work.

After doing everything correct in Disk Utility there should be the drive(s) visible after clicking next on the installation.

So select the drive when you want to install the Mountain Lion, and click Customize.

Select PS/2 driver, or the trackpad and keyboard won't work, and you will have to do restarting and messing with kext files just for that! So don't miss this. Select the pciroot option so you won't have to type pciroot=1 any time. Also choose the Realtek RTL81XX driver so you can have LAN to install wi-fi, audio, and video afterwards. Than just click done, and install it.

After installation, the system will reboot. You'll have a clean Mac OS X installation, but no resolution, sound or wi-fi enabled. Not to worry, but don't just install the kexts right now!

You must have internet connection via LAN enabled, so you can download the 10.8.2 update. It's around 800MB. Update the system via App Store. For some reason the system will update, but after it does it will tell you that the update is not successful and when you reboot iTunes, AppStore and GameCenter aren't available :( Will try to fix this and post a solution. But the system will update to 10.8.2 with no problems. This is because the video kexts are made to work on 10.8.2! After you do update, download the ah530gfx.zip package (uploaded by me, below). There are all the modified drivers that work. Original links to the drivers:

Audio:

VoodooHDA 2.7.3

Video:

http://www.osx86.net...for_10._...html

Wi-Fi:

N/A

Kext Utility is included.

Unfortunately QE/CI doesn't work, but working on a solution on that! Still pretty workable and fast! :)

Another screenshot:

post-511426-0-38193900-1352634802_thumb.png

I used the Niresh12495 build for a few weeks but could never get the QE/CI to work, and I would get random KPs. Also, Niresh makes some changes and additions to system files and at one point my system couldn't access my local network after initially working normally. I finally stopped spending my time fighting that build and followed this guide, which gave me the easiest and most solid OS X installation I've had in two years.

I really can't recommend using the Niresh12495 build - it may save you some time, but you end up spending a lot of it trying to get the build to work right. :stretcher:

• Like 1

post-511426-0-60645000-1352634827_thumb.png

This will be a complete tutorial on how to install Mountain Lion on a Fujitsu AH530/GFX laptop (one that comes with ATI Mobility 550v - 4650HD with 1GB and Core i3).

Basically this will work on every Fujitsu AH530, because of the same components. I got the sound, video card (native resolution only for now), wifi and ethernet to work. The webcam and bluetooth works natively! For now, i haven't made the battery to work, but because mine lasts really short, i always have my laptop plugged in. If you want you can try some universal battery kexts and try them.

So the whole installation is a very simple process, and overall it would take around 1 to 2 hours, depending on the laptop power you have. I got it working from the first installation. We'll use Niresh12495 distribution, because it is easier, and just plain faster. Plus i didn't have a USB drive to make it bootable, at least not bigger than 1GB. I think every install will work very fine, but i needed a fast re-install of my creepy and slow Windows, and the Niresh12495 torrent was downloading so fast!

So we'll begin by examining your hardware on the laptop. The newer Fujitsu AH530/GFX come with NVIDIA graphics, but i am not familiar with those, so you would have to make the graphics card work on your own.

Start by downloading some image burning software like ImgBurn, or some equivalent. There are burning software for every operating systems, so that won't be a problem if you're running Windows, or Linux. In matter of fact you can run ImgBurn on Wine if you want to! Okay so after you do this, download Niresh12495 10.8 Distribution. Find it on Google, you can find it easy!

So after downloading it, burn it with the image burning software to your DVD. Than restart the laptop and press F12 while the Fujitsu logo shows. Select the CD, and wait for it to read it and press F8 when the Chameleon shows up. Than you must type pciroot=1 because otherwise the system will hang and you'll be stuck at the Apple spinning wheel of death, lol. So until the installation shows, you'll have to wait around 15 mins. Don't worry. It is slow, but it works. So after some time the mouse arrow will appear and you can start the installation.

Go to Utilities and choose Disk Utility. // Look a for tutorial how to do dual-boot with Windows, Linux or other OS and how to format and work with Disk Utility. This is just how to get the Fujitsu AH530/GFX to work.

After doing everything correct in Disk Utility there should be the drive(s) visible after clicking next on the installation.

So select the drive when you want to install the Mountain Lion, and click Customize.

Select PS/2 driver, or the trackpad and keyboard won't work, and you will have to do restarting and messing with kext files just for that! So don't miss this. Select the pciroot option so you won't have to type pciroot=1 any time. Also choose the Realtek RTL81XX driver so you can have LAN to install wi-fi, audio, and video afterwards. Than just click done, and install it.

After installation, the system will reboot. You'll have a clean Mac OS X installation, but no resolution, sound or wi-fi enabled. Not to worry, but don't just install the kexts right now!

You must have internet connection via LAN enabled, so you can download the 10.8.2 update. It's around 800MB. Update the system via App Store. For some reason the system will update, but after it does it will tell you that the update is not successful and when you reboot iTunes, AppStore and GameCenter aren't available :( Will try to fix this and post a solution. But the system will update to 10.8.2 with no problems. This is because the video kexts are made to work on 10.8.2! After you do update, download the ah530gfx.zip package (uploaded by me, below). There are all the modified drivers that work. Original links to the drivers:

Audio:

VoodooHDA 2.7.3

Video:

http://www.osx86.net...for_10._...html

Wi-Fi:

N/A

Kext Utility is included.

Unfortunately QE/CI doesn't work, but working on a solution on that! Still pretty workable and fast! :)

Another screenshot:

post-511426-0-38193900-1352634802_thumb.png

Nice to see you :jester:

• 2 months later...

Hello guys. I am proud to say that i now have QE/CI on my 4650/550v with 1GB ram, but with iAtkos ML2, not with this specific distro. This is the first time i am getting QE/CI, and oh boy. Almost everything works out of the box! I'll try install sleep-enabler, battery indicator and trackpad drivers later on, because i don't really need these stuff now. This is great news for me!

Edit:

I forgot the screenshot:

7bb45fc66a134033ac4834e.png