3 replies to this topic

eranj

eranj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Hey guys,

I'm running 10.8.1 and almost everything's great.
I got this HighPoint Rocket 620-OEM PCI-Express and an OCZ agility 180GB SSD.
The OSX is installed on the SSD but i'm using it without the the HighPoint card, connected directly to the motherboard.
Since this motherboard doesn't support SATA 6.0 the HD speed is about 60mbps :(.
The motherboard can't boot using the HighPoint card even though it has Bootable add-in cards feature.
So I thought about installing Chimera bootloader on a second Hard drive (HFS formatted of course).
Then I'll boot with the HighPoint card connected to the SSD, so I'll get the whole SSD speed.
Is it possible? another question is will it work if the 2nd hard drive on which I'll install the bootloader, will be able to boot when the HFS partition is the second to an NTFS one?

Thanks!

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
I use the same card and OSX or any OS(Windows8, Linux) boots OK. Check the install of OS X of your SSD drive. It should be OK.

eranj

eranj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
It's the second installation because I had Niresh 10.7 and I wanted a clean 10.8.
What about my questions please?

eranj

eranj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Please help :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy